raid / ahci help

Imaulle

[H]ard|Gawd
ok sooooooo

originally I had 2 2tb drives that were in raid 1, and I had 1 ssd as my main OS drive. In my bios I had it set in 'raid' mode. I could not do raid or ahci for each individual drive so I just put it in 'raid' mode because I wanted the 2tb drives to be in raid 1... I just bought a new SSD and it says I should use AHCI mode in my bios. I switched to AHCI mode in bios, and I can get into Windows 7 fine. However now the 2 2tb drives are showing up TWICE. Have I made a huge mistake? How can I fix this? I see Disk 2 (E: & F:) and Disk 3 (D: & G:) but they are they same and the data seems fine I can access all my media on the hdd so am I just missing a driver or something?

Thanks!!

oh.. so I guess now windows just sees 2 separate drives and since it was raid 1 they were exact copies of eachother... hmmm fuck. Should my BIOS have a way to set the SSD to ahci and the hdd to RAID? I'm not seeing the option anywhere... it's an ASUS P6T

Generally running in raid mode also enables the AHCI features. So basically raid=ahci on most recent systems.

Back