Raid 0 on Sata II board C300 + M4

scwam

Gawd
Recived a new m4 and just for experimenting I decided to put my C300 and M4 with a stripe size of 8k and 4k format. But they are just blank drives running now with no raid card. I did the first run of benches. How is it possible to have over 300 MB/s sequential on a Sata II board? Or am I misunderstanding this and it's the limit is per Sata connector? This is my first bench test result:

Board is Abit IP35-Pro (p35 chipset) running ACHI in Bios since RAID won't allow my system ssd (another c300) to boot in that mode.

2uqoeo1.png

Also, Trim is showing enabled in IRST and cmd > fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify is equal to 0. What's up with that?

sata 2 just means that each port is only capable of 300mb/s. two combined can do up to 600mb/s~. you can get three sata 2 drives and easily hit the 700mb cap on ich10r because the limitation is per port, and you're striping them, so you're reading from both ports at the same time.

Also, Trim is showing enabled in IRST and cmd > fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify is equal to 0. What's up with that?

It just means windows has trim enabled, not that it actually works (it doesn't).

Back