RagingSamster's Boxen race 2022 - Universe@home

RagingSamster

2[H]4U
2022-06-02 (1).png

2022-06-02.png

I have two machines running distributed computing in my basement - stays cool all year.
One is a Dell T5500 rocking a dual Xeon, the other is my gaming rig - a Alienware Aurora R12 w/ I7 11700
I thought it was cool that the old machine is keeping up with the new one.

I'm doing Primegrid on the GPUs but my Radeon HD 6950 is left in the RTX3080's dust Both are running F@H as well and I'm still waiting on WCG to resurrect itself.

RagingSamster , if you want your Universe stat to show up in Free-DC for example you need check the box on the "Do you consent to exporting your data ....)

Glad to have you crunching for our team. Keep it up ;)

1654209872160.png

For a moment I thought this was a DC challenge being proposed...haha. I was like...not so soon after the Pentathlon!...lol. Glad to have you on board. If you are interested, there is a BOINCGames challenge going on for Cosmology@home. However, that project requires the art of Virtualbox if you haven't delved into those work units types yet. They have the option for the non-Virtualbox work but the points are less. The advantage is less box overhead and less problems. If you are interested, let us know and we will walk you through getting started.

Reactions: EXT64
like this
I had the same thought, LOL. T5500's are awesome. I had one several years back.

No, I think those were T5600 (and not T5610, because you can't run Ivy).

Actually I might have lied. I had a T5400 and two T5600s. My Xeon 5500 series system was an SM board, which I also gave to Gilthanis lol

No, I think those were T5600 (and not T5610, because you can't run Ivy).

Actually I might have lied. I had a T5400 and two T5600s. My Xeon 5500 series system was an SM board, which I also gave to Gilthanis lol
Yup...I had them mixed up. You are correct. The T5610 I have, I bought off of ebay.

Reactions: EXT64
like this
Back