Rage (PC) $40.19 via Steam

Yeah but are the bugs fixed yet? I'm waiting until the game is ready for prime time.

I would consider this but I just bought skyrim on steam. Will probably put at least 250 hours into that.

No word on a patch...or if they will actually get one released like they said they would. That's about $30 to much in my book right now.

Is it any good?

If you want to use a [HardOCP/Hardforum review].... this might answer your question:

www.hardocp.com - [H] Front Page

hardocpc.png

And this explains it ---> http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/10/05/i_want_my_60_for_rage_back

..............Don't shoot me, I am just the messenger :D

I must say its a really weird and creative sales

Who knew there would be a sale event for our close encounter with an asteroid :p

If you want to use a [HardOCP/Hardforum review].... this might answer your question:
..............Don't shoot me, I am just the messenger :D

If you're going to post a screenshot, at least disable your adblocker for [H].

It's definitely a great game in general, graphics wise and gameplay wise. But the story is pretty poor; more specifically the second half of the game and the ending is bad. All in all, if you are just looking to shoot the shit, so to speak, it's pretty good.

I already have a huge backlog of games on Steam, I can hold off putting yet another title on that list until its at least under $30 or even lower.

I completed all of the side quests, took me 20 hours.

Save your money and buy one of the folowing better games that RAGE heavily borrows/copy pastes from instead:

Fallout 3/NV
Wolfenstein (2009)
Borderlands

Will wait for the Steam Holiday Sale before making any further game buying decisions. :cool:

I forgot about wolfenstein. I should check that out.

Yeah but are the bugs fixed yet? I'm waiting until the game is ready for prime time.

I'd say it's totally worth it because the game is a lot of fun. But that's assuming you either have an nVidia card or are capable of properly troubleshooting potential AMD issues. The 'bugs' were always overblown because the biggest issues boiled down to bad video drivers and particularly on the AMD side. Stay away if you're strictly a gamer n00b who doesn't understand computers but thinks he does because he uses them.

Bethesda at least went on record to state that:
"As you saw with Rage, all it takes is some bad video card drivers and years of hard work comes off as 'buggy', when in fact it's a really solid, stable game."

Last edited:
For $20 it'd be a very good buy. For $40 its worth it if you like shooters. $60 was definitely a rip off.

It's solid if you like gunplay and pretty scenery, because that part is great. It's just that it's nowhere near as good as what it could have been; it shows what id is still incapable of doing more than anything else. No meaningful story or backstory, barely sketched out characters, silent protagonist, long sections of pretty nothingness that connect corridor shooting sessions.

Basically the best thing that could happen for id is to have Bethesda make them their inhouse engine development team for Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. They just don't have the in-house sense of how to make a modern game.

$10 buy for me. Plenty to do in the meantime... (Shogun 2 & SS3!)

Back