Rage 2 (Epic Store 02/18- 02/25)

I was going to play this on Game Pass PC but never got around to it...but I'll be grabbing it on Epic Store next week...

The other Free game Absolute Drift is pretty fun reminds me of RC PRO AM for NES.

I don't get EPIC's business model. I'm just collecting games at this point. No interest in spending a dime with them. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this.
I both collect the games and shop with them. The free games keep them fresh in everyone's minds and are easy marketing, that's why they do it. Their sales often are better than everyone else by a nice margin when they offer their $10 coupon, and match the rest of the time.

I both collect the games and shop with them. The free games keep them fresh in everyone's minds and are easy marketing, that's why they do it. Their sales often are better than everyone else by a nice margin when they offer their $10 coupon, and match the rest of the time.
I prefer Steam as I love the backup function. As someone with an 85mbps connection I love to download new games overnight and then back them up to my NAS.

I prefer Steam as I love the backup function. As someone with an 85mbps connection I love to download new games overnight and then back them up to my NAS.

Well, when Steam offers this game for free, I'll be sure to pick it up there also...

I liked this game. It wasn't perfect but I thought it was a fun shooter. Story was super weak and generic, but gameplay was mostly fun. For free you can't go wrong.

To be fair, considering the same developer made Mad Max this game should have been a lot better than it was..

To be fair, considering the same developer made Mad Max this game should have been a lot better than it was..

I'd agree with that. But compared to many other single player FPS games I'd say the combat was better than most recent ones.

Asking now that recency bias is gone, is this game worth the temporary storage space and time? I was one of the 10 people who actually enjoyed the first Rage, if that holds any water over how I may like this one. It was a reasonably fun semi-rail shooter with decent graphics and a fun story.

I don't get EPIC's business model. I'm just collecting games at this point. No interest in spending a dime with them. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this.
They are taking the long-view and I think it will actually work to some affect - what is Steam making every year, with little effort on Valve's part? is it 4 billion now? Probably more. Epic wants a piece of that and they'll get it - the hardest part was getting peoplse to install new software. Now people are using it. Then they just need you to get a credit card signed up. When the timing is right, they'll find some huge hyped game and they'll discount it, heavily, but still charge for it. That way, you have to link a credit card and use it once. 10 percent off of the discounted price, if you save your credit card information. Now they've broken the seal. You've used the store and have a large collection on it. Doesn't matter that you didn't pay a dime, it's an investment. What's another program on your PC anyway? Once that happens, they can actually compete with Steam on equal footing. I'm a huge fan of Steam, always will be. But if anyone can take a shot at, I think it's Epic.

If I was Epic, I'd invest heavily in Discord and Twitch - the only thing the Epic store doesn't have that Steam does is solid communications/friend network. But that will change.

the only thing the Epic store doesn't have that Steam does is solid communications/friend network. But that will change.

That's not the only thing Steam has over Epic, not by a long shot, and as for it changing it hasn't so far...how long has it been around and its STILL the most lack-luster featureless storefront? Pretty sure this is just a way to steal peoples information and make as much money as possible while doing as little as possible. No one can compete with Steam because no ones a competitor. Selling games, and JUST selling games, isn't going to get Epic near Steams entire list of features.

Asking now that recency bias is gone, is this game worth the temporary storage space and time? I was one of the 10 people who actually enjoyed the first Rage, if that holds any water over how I may like this one. It was a reasonably fun semi-rail shooter with decent graphics and a fun story.

Yeah. I found it to be a fun game. Good shooting gameplay, kind of tacked on driving. Most generic story you could think up. World design/graphics were decent enough. Game is short (20 hours give or take) so it doesn't overstay its welcome.

When they started they offered 2 freebies a month, then they quickly offered 1 or 2 each week for the first year, then they extended that to another year. It's not really THEM offering it for free, but the publishers of the games, so it's simply a marketing move to help draw people into the platform and also promote the games themselves. Not sure if they plan on this being an on-going thing forever though, but I don't really see the harm in it like some do. I don't follow the Epic drama/politics stuff too much though, so perhaps we're just (un)knowingly contributing to some sorta evil scheme... I also don't think I've played a single game I've collected, and I believe I've collected almost all of the freebies (I missed the first 1 or 2 for sure)

Back