RadioShack 40pk AA bat. $10.00

woah! $0.25 a batt, nice.... 4 for $40 baby, FS is nice on this weight package.

My R/C car remotes (8 AAs each) will have a steady power supply for a Loong time :cool:
(hopefully these batteries don't suck A**:p)

Yeah this is a great deal. To get free shipping just buy 2 of more. If you only buy 1 pack, you pay 2.00 shipping.

not sure the mA rating of normal Energizers/Duracells, but these are listed as 2850.
As a reference, some cheap NiMh batts I have are 2500 -- and some Good ones (~$5 per AA cell) are 2650.
So they're at least better than those :)

& to think, every time I've gone to Radioshack, while checking out they always ask "do you need any batteries" with the response a resounding "Nope"

thanks op, these will be purfect for the misses' "toys"............................

The 40 pack AAA batteries are the same price as well.. at least they were at my local store..

Thanks, even cheaper than Costco. I ordered 2x AA, but they're out of AAA on the website. I'll have to stop by their regular store later.

not sure the mA rating of normal Energizers/Duracells, but these are listed as 2850.
As a reference, some cheap NiMh batts I have are 2500 -- and some Good ones (~$5 per AA cell) are 2650.
So they're at least better than those :)

& to think, every time I've gone to Radioshack, while checking out they always ask "do you need any batteries" with the response a resounding "Nope"

For those not in the know:

Radio Shack batteries, specifically these on sale (the goldish-covering) are made by Energizer for them and labeled as a Radio Shack product. They've been making the alkalines for Radio Shack for way over a decade now, close to 15 years actually...

And "real" batteries (not rechargeables) always put out more current than rechargeables... at least in my experience that's the case.

Radio Shack batteries, specifically these on sale (the goldish-covering) are made by Energizer for them and labeled as a Radio Shack product. They've been making the alkalines for Radio Shack for way over a decade now, close to 15 years actually...

very cool, I didn't know this at all. a little energizer bunny in disguise :)

In for 2 packs. Can't beat that price for real brand-name batteries. Thanks OP! (and thanks to the other poster with the good info about them being Energizers)

As a RS employee I can tell you that these are pretty hot and we get lots of ppl coming in to get them. While your there, we can check if your available for a free upgrade for cell phone! (sorry, gotta ask every1):rolleyes:

In for 2 thanks, I probably won't need to buy anymore batteries for at least 5 years :)

Was gonna pick up the AAA ones in-store also but I don't think I have anything that uses AAA.

Just got an email that they are backordered, o well I'll wait.

Last edited:
Just so you guys know - you can typically get 100 packs at fry's for ~19.99. If only they were everywhere..

Are the Fry's ones rebranded Energizers too?

I'm not sure. I know they have a couple of different brands around that price in 100 packs.

I still miss Menards black Friday sale where I snagged 40-packs of AA's for $2 each. The Menards was out of shopping carts, so they were handing out rolling trash cans, and you had to wait to check-out about an hour and a half, but it was still worth it. used those for 2.5 years and am just finishing em up.

The Fry's rebranded batteries are made by Rayovac. Walmart had some great branded batteries at one time, made by Energizer but they seem to have disappeared over the years.

Duracell doesn't resell their stuff for the most part, but Energizer is all over potential rebranding opportunities, as Rayovac is. Most of the rebranded stuff (meaning it'll have another name on it like a "Fry's" branding, or the Walmart stuff, etc) comes from Energizer or Rayovac these days...

Duracell has tons of major contracts locked up for decades, like for the US Government in almost every area, etc so, they don't need that additional hassle of creating the rebrands, I suppose.

Sorry if I overlooked, but how is the performance of these Enercell's? I play paintball and my hopper takes 6x AA batteries (or was it 8, but I think it was 6)... I can't afford to get batteries that are really cheap. Right now I only use Duracell.

Back