Radeon x800 "XL"

I don't like to hear that it doesn't OC well, the XL was my personal pick for best OCer of the new high-end ATi batch considering it was a .11 part :(.

I want to buy one... I think I will in about 6 months if it hits $150 MSRP and if it starts getting better yields... but even without better OCing it still is a great deal imo.

~Adam

Well, when the pre-order ship date changed from 2-21 like it had been all along to mid-march, a week before the release, that sealed the deal. I had given ATI as much benefit of the doubt as I could, I wanted this card at such a great price as much as anyone else. But apparently they can't even get the first batch to market on time. You just CAN'T run a business like this. Pathetic. I hate to say "you told me so" to all the people here who were skeptical about ATI's ability to reach launch, but you told me so. ;P

So ATi isn't shipping to distributors like Compusa on the 21st of February? That is quite a disappointment, I wonder what is keeping these cards from being shipped at higher volumes?

dmonkey said:
So ATi isn't shipping to distributors like Compusa on the 21st of February? That is quite a disappointment, I wonder what is keeping these cards from being shipped at higher volumes?

I think it's just going to take some time to ramp up production...I seriously doubt we'll see a repeat of the x800xtpe

Back