Radeon™ RX 6000 Partner Showcase Ep. 5: Far Cry 6 & Ubisoft

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member

Radeon™ RX 6000 Partner Showcase Ep. 5: Far Cry 6 & Ubisoft​

In this series we look at new technologies our partner studios have implemented in several upcoming next-generation titles. Graphics and Performance are at the core of the PC gaming experience. With AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 series & Ryzen™ 5000 series CPUs, gamers can expect a new standard for high-performance gaming. In Far Cry® 6, players are immersed in the adrenaline-filled, chaotic world of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. Engage Anton’s regime in intense combat through lush jungles and dense cities as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran swept up in the chaos. In a fight where you must use what you have to make what you need, employ an arsenal of unique and surprising new weapons, vehicles, and animal companions to unite a revolution that will burn the tyrannical regime to the ground. In collaboration with AMD, Ubisoft has integrated FideltyFX™ Contrast Adaptive Sharpening, Hybrid SSR, Ray Tracing, VRS, and FreeSync™ Premium pro. AMD Radeon™ RX graphics paired with AMD Ryzen™ processors enable ultimate gaming experiences from 1080p to 4K in today’s top titles. Enjoy high fidelity, immersive gaming on all Radeon RX 6000 series products with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenaline 2020 Edition. Complete the experience by adding a FreeSync™ technology-enabled monitor for ultra-smooth, low latency gaming. Play it all on Radeon™ graphics and Ryzen™ processors.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna skip this one. Far Cry in a urban setting really doesn't interest me.

I got a free code from my Zen 3 purchase so I'll definitely try it. Not releasing until Feb 2021 though it looks like.

Definitely hyped for this. Totally caught up on Far Cry, and this one is looking good.

That was weak at best,but I am most certainly gonna play the game,got a code with my R7 5800X,I over paid for,have not installed it yet.

Now the question is... will I play FC6 before the new video card? Only time will tell.

That said, I was hoping more for some in-game footage rather than the CGI cut scene from presumably the beginning of the game. But I largely agree with urban setting games, very often they consists of lots of nice shiny exterior textures that you can't go into most of them and very often limit where you can go, at least with trees and bushes you can hide behind and move around and have more of an open world.

Back