Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1 Release Notes.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
AMD has released a new Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1 driver. It has numerous fixes for Radeon ReLive and games such as Dishonored 2 and Paragon. It also details some known issues and workarounds for those issues to get the best possible experience with their hardware.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1 Highlights

Support For
  • Resident Evil™ 7: Biohazard
Fixed Issues
  • Dishonored™2 may experience an application crash or hang on some Radeon R9 380 configurations.
  • Radeon ReLive may show an improper warning popup message when using Windows®7 basic themes.
  • AMD XConnect™ Technology configurations may experience a blue screen system hang when audio drivers load.
  • Solidworks™ will no longer terminate on unplug using AMD XConnect™ Technology configurations.
  • Some system configurations may experience a black screen after installing Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Editions 16.12.1 and later.
  • Display corruption or TDR may be experienced after applications wake up from a display timeout.
  • Paragon™ may experience flickering in Multi GPU with DirectX®11.
  • Radeon ReLive may crash or become unresponsive when toggling Multi GPU with Desktop Recording and/or Instant Replay enabled.
Known Issues
  • A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
  • Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
  • Shadow Warrior 2™ may experience an application hang when launched with Multi GPU enabled.
  • Radeon RX 400 series products may experience scaling issues for some applications when using the display scaling feature.
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ may experience an application hang when running in Multi GPU with DirectX®12 and performing a task switch.
  • AMD Multi GPU configurations may experience a system hang or reboot during install when using tiled MST 4K or 5K displays.
  • Mouse cursor corruption may be intermittently experienced on Radeon RX 480.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive
  • The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
  • Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
  • Radeon ReLive may stop working after hot unplugging of a secondary display.
  • Battlefield™1 may experience UI flickering and/or performance drops when recording gameplay with Radeon ReLive on graphics products with 4GB or less of VRAM.
  • Radeon ReLive recordings or overlay may experience flicker when creating a single recording for many hours.
  • Radeon ReLive may experience minor graphical corruption for the first few recorded frames when launching UWP applications.
  • Radeon ReLive will not allow recording settings to change with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround is to disable Instant Replay and change settings then enable Instant Replay.
  • Vulkan™ applications may experience a game hang when using Radeon ReLive to record.
  • Radeon ReLive will not notify an end user of low disk space during recording.
  • Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1 Driver Version 16.50.2611

I'm always watching for these but your always beat me to it :)

They announce them on Twitter first and then the AMD Reddit grabs it. Usually I'm kinda slow with them in relation to the AMD Reddit community. So don't feel bad. ;)

I recently had windows update my driver again and while the package said it has an OpenCL driver, nothing detected OpenCL, Folding or a test software I had found.

Since it seems my card failed my last package I might go and test the new driver and report back if it works but since I'm at work this might be slow or not happen.

Okay, so I went and tested it. I installed the drivers, rebooted and installed them again, rebooted a third time (one reboot went to uninstalling the old drivers)
Didn't work, Folding will download a package, try and then download another. GPU Cap, just says my system (CPU) can't support OpenCL, sorry. Although the Drivers report that I have OpenCL 10. something I don't really care because it doesn't work.

Trying to go back to the old drivers now (like 15.12 is the last I've found that work)
Again, this is only an issue with OpenCL 32 bit, I've not updated my actual gaming machine but it's on a more recent driver and it's fine folding.

Okay, so I went and tested it. I installed the drivers, rebooted and installed them again, rebooted a third time (one reboot went to uninstalling the old drivers)
Didn't work, Folding will download a package, try and then download another. GPU Cap, just says my system (CPU) can't support OpenCL, sorry. Although the Drivers report that I have OpenCL 10. something I don't really care because it doesn't work.

Trying to go back to the old drivers now (like 15.12 is the last I've found that work)
Again, this is only an issue with OpenCL 32 bit, I've not updated my actual gaming machine but it's on a more recent driver and it's fine folding.
I thought I read somewhere you had to DL the individual 32 bit package as it doesn't exist in the recent AMD driver packages. Could be wrong though.

I thought I read somewhere you had to DL the individual 32 bit package as it doesn't exist in the recent AMD driver packages. Could be wrong though.
I can't find that. I'll try searching more today. THe last time I searched I found links to OpenCL 2 page but no actual downloads , the version number is in the 10s now. This still doesn't make sense. We're already downloading over 250MB for video drivers, why remove a core piece of the driver?

I have been having a minor issue with the ReLive recording functionality of this version and was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. In some games the hotkey to bring up the recording overlay works fine, but in other games it just doesn't come up. Has anyone else experienced this and figured out a work-around?

I have been having a minor issue with the ReLive recording functionality of this version and was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. In some games the hotkey to bring up the recording overlay works fine, but in other games it just doesn't come up. Has anyone else experienced this and figured out a work-around?
i havent tried relive but it could be like the xbox app recording. some games don't display the popup but you will see the screen flash twice to show that its working. then you have to manually start the recording with another hot-key combo. have you tried just using the record hotkey to see if you get an output file?

thanks again man! oh and:

"VP9 Decode Acceleration9:

4K 60Hz GPU-Accelerated Video Streaming enabled on supported Google™ Chrome web browsers."

so all those bitching aboot it missing in that other thread can stfu!

i havent tried relive but it could be like the xbox app recording. some games don't display the popup but you will see the screen flash twice to show that its working. then you have to manually start the recording with another hot-key combo. have you tried just using the record hotkey to see if you get an output file?
I guess I didn't actually try that. I'll have to do that when I get home and see if it works.

Back