Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 Release Notes

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 Release Notes.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Merry XXXmas AMD nerds!

Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSONRELIVE-16.12.2
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD's advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments. Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 Highlights

Fixed Issues

• AMD FreeSync™ technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.
  • Radeon ReLive may fail to install during installation on some system configurations.
  • Battlefield™1 may experience flashing or corruption when running in Multi GPU with Radeon RX 400 series.
  • Instant Replay fails to enable itself after it has been turned off due to content protection.
  • Radeon Settings may not load on system boot for some system configurations.
  • Fixed some errors in translations for Radeon Settings and Radeon ReLive.
  • Audio recorded by Radeon ReLive may sometimes exhibit slow motion when played back.
  • Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.
  • Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.
  • In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit the low power state when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
  • Radeon ReLive may sometimes not be able to take screenshots of secondary displays.
  • Chromium may fail to utilize hybrid decode for VP9 content.
  • DOTA™2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.
Known Issues

• A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
  • Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
  • AMD Multi GPU configurations may experience a system hang or reboot during install when using tiled MST 4K or 5K displays.
  • Titanfall™2 may experience black square corruption in game menus or during game play on some Graphics Core Next products.
  • FIFA 17™ may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.
  • Radeon Settings may not show display details for connected displays in AMD X-Connect technology mode.
  • Mouse cursor corruption may be intermittently experienced on Radeon RX 480.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive

• The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
  • Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
  • Battlefield™1 may experience UI flickering and/or performance drops when recording gameplay with Radeon ReLive on graphics products with 4GB or less of VRAM.
  • Radeon ReLive recordings may experience flicker when creating a single recording for many hours.
  • Radeon ReLive may experience minor graphical corruption for the first few recorded frames when launching UWP applications.
  • Radeon ReLive will not allow recording settings to change with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround is to disable Instant Replay and change settings then enable Instant Replay.
  • Radeon ReLive Overlay/Toolbar will not launch or Record when running League of Legends™ in Administrator Mode and Windowed Borderless Fullscreen. A work around would be to not use administrator launch privileges or to use Fullscreen mode.
  • Vulkan™ applications may experience a game hang when using Radeon ReLive to record.
  • Radeon ReLive will not notify an end user of low disk space during recording.
Package Contents

The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 Driver Version 16.50.2001

Thanks for posting this. I just posted in the other thread (16.12.1 drivers) about an issue I was having. To summarize, if you are on WiFi the ReLive streaming functionality causes massive latency spikes periodically. From the release notes it doesn't look like they fixed that bug yet.

Don't install these while your card is OC'd. Well at least by Asus GPU Tweak II. It will start flashing and stuff like it is voltage starved. ;)

I just flipped my OC off while it was installing and it went seamlessly.

This driver has BIOS signiture enforcement enabled.

If you run custom BIOS either avoid this version or use the work-around which can be found easily.

yeup! I set mine to stock in ab then close it before install.

Nods, yep. It's written in my guide I linked ya the other day too.

**If you already have AB configured properly, say you went thru this guide already and are swapping to a new driver, remember to set AB to not start with windows. If the hardware does not change and it is just drivers that you are changing, AB will not change the gpu profiles. Simply unchecking start w/ windows will save your settings. After you install the new driver, start AB. Remember to redo the following things, check the boxes for disable ulps and extend official oc limits. This is covered in more detail at the end of the section on configuring AB.

These are working well for me. No black screen crashes like i was getting in 16.12.1

Is that's what happened to me today? Yesterday I upgraded to 16.12.1 and when I came back to my computer at some point today, the screen wouldn't wake up from the auto power down.

WTF is relive? Is it a driver package or a screen grab utility?

If it's a driver package, why can't they just call it a friggin' driver???

I'm not THAT out of it...am I?

WTF is relive? Is it a driver package or a screen grab utility?

If it's a driver package, why can't they just call it a friggin' driver???

I'm not THAT out of it...am I?

Capture and stream service.

yeah its both. you have to have the relive edition driver in order to use the relive program.

Actually had some time to test using relive for streaming this past weekend. Really impressed by it overall. Much better overall performance while streaming than when I was using OBS. My streaming efforts were pretty pedestrian before this week because I wasn't interested in having a second machine to encode the stream while I gamed on a separate machine. Used to game at 1440p and stream at 720p@30fps so my system didn't tank on me (8350 @ 4.4). This past weekend I was able to stream Overwatch (as a test case), 1080p@60fps while gaming at 1440p on the same machine. Getting it set up was a lot less hassle than OBS, as well.

Can't watch videos at work, but is ReLive pretty much the same thing the new GeForce Experience does by default, continuously screen recording the last "n" minutes of gameplay so that if something cool happens you can share it after the fact?

Does anyone know if there is a good way to disable this on Nvidia hardware? Because I can't imagine it has no performance costs.

I have been trying to kill the GeForce Experience process before I start any games, but I'm not convinced it is working.

It is so annoying that we have to deal with multiple overlays in game now. First Steam, then Windows 10 added its own overlay which I was able to disable using a registry hack and now Nvidia has one too...

I don't want any overlays. I will never share a game video, either live streamed or after the fact.

I don't want any of this crap. I just want my machine to run the game as lean and dedicated to performance as possible, without any of this superfluous shit!

I sold my friend my 290x over a year ago because I had enough of the driver problems.
A week ago he complained his PC kept giving strange artefacts when not under heavy load and crashed for no reason too.
Turns out these new drivers made his gfx card unstable.
Rolling back to the previous driver fixed his PC.

He wasnt best pleased, it caused a lot of problems for a few days when he was trying to chill with his gf over xmas.

Can't watch videos at work, but is ReLive pretty much the same thing the new GeForce Experience does by default, continuously screen recording the last "n" minutes of gameplay so that if something cool happens you can share it after the fact?

Does anyone know if there is a good way to disable this on Nvidia hardware? Because I can't imagine it has no performance costs.

I have been trying to kill the GeForce Experience process before I start any games, but I'm not convinced it is working.

It is so annoying that we have to deal with multiple overlays in game now. First Steam, then Windows 10 added its own overlay which I was able to disable using a registry hack and now Nvidia has one too...

I don't want any overlays. I will never share a game video, either live streamed or after the fact.

I don't want any of this crap. I just want my machine to run the game as lean and dedicated to performance as possible, without any of this superfluous shit!

this thread is aboot crimson. you might want to ask in the nv forum.
amd has full and min installer for the new 16.12.2 so maybe look for nv drivers like that.

I sold my friend my 290x over a year ago because I had enough of the driver problems.
A week ago he complained his PC kept giving strange artefacts when not under heavy load and crashed for no reason too.

He wasnt best pleased, it caused a lot of problems for a few days when he was trying to chill with his gf over xmas.
did he try bumping voltages a bit? no matter what speeds I have my 280x at I HAVE to bump vram voltage a bit otherwise I get flickering and flashes.

did he try bumping voltages a bit? no matter what speeds I have my 280x at I HAVE to bump vram voltage a bit otherwise I get flickering and flashes.
He rolled back to the previous driver which he knew worked, he had enough of the lottery.

AMD has the WHQL (?) version of the 16.12.2's up on their site now, Jan 3 is in the filename. The Dec 16.12.2's were non-WHQL.

yup. the only things different are the whql cert and a minor update to crimson software. all other version #s are the same.

I would use the AMD uninstaller to remove the old drivers and then try the new ones. Also you can try DDU to remove them and then try the new Relive drivers. If he's running Win 10 I would disable the XBOX App as it kills performance and could possibly conflict with ReLive I suppose. I haven't had issues with my RX 480 and drivers in quite awhile. ;)

I would use the AMD uninstaller to remove the old drivers and then try the new ones. Also you can try DDU to remove them and then try the new Relive drivers. If he's running Win 10 I would disable the XBOX App as it kills performance and could possibly conflict with ReLive I suppose. I haven't had issues with my RX 480 and drivers in quite awhile. ;)
Would it be worth his while.
Is there an advantage for him?

290x are still seeing updated features and performance improvement on the new drivers. so potentially yes he could benefit. but if hes not needing support for the newest games support or features like relive or chill, then leave it as is. if it aint broke...

I suppose the question is what % improvement would he see in new games, say min and max?

I haven't heard of the Xbox app killing performance, how does one go about diabeling it?

I haven't heard of the Xbox app killing performance, how does one go about diabeling it?
upload_2017-1-9_16-48-58.png

I suppose the question is what % improvement would he see in new games, say min and max?
idk, its usually noted in the driver notes. something like "GOW4 performance increased by 7% on such and such gpus"

idk, its usually noted in the driver notes. something like "GOW4 performance increased by 7% on such and such gpus"
I was hoping for a bit more after being pushed to tell him to try again.
If I had an AMD card I would have tried myself to see if there was much benefit.
I wont go on claimed figures from AMD.
Thanks anyway.

hey I wasn't pushing nothin. I said if it aint broke...
what I was getting at was for you/him to look at the new drivers and decide if its worth trying.

I agree, just you wouldnt have seemed so.
But I answered Cageymaru who recommended pursuing, asking him how it was worthwhile and you answered.
I hoped to give my friend a reason why its worth trying again as both of you seemed to feel it was worth the effort.
Its no trouble.

He rolled back to the previous driver which he knew worked, he had enough of the lottery.

Just inform him that like NVIDIA as well, you want to reset your OCs ideally before you install new drivers, and when you re-enable them on the new drivers after, they may not be stable anymore (or you might actually have more headroom to overclock more, conversely). So, basically, OCs are the first thing you should look at when dealing with problems installing or using new drivers for AMD AND NVIDIA. It's best to reset them to default, clean install teh new drivers, reboot once or twice depending on how the installer works, and then try your previous OC values and expect you might have to tweak them a bit to retain stability, since it changes with the drivers.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I dunno how much of it is my CPU or GPU, but I'm arguing a bit with Watch Dogs 2, so any boost will help

Watch_Dogs 2 is completely CPU dependant. OC your CPU, or try and optimize background apps and processes so nothing else is using CPU significantly while you play. There are also 2-3 specific settings (covered in the good NVIDIA tweaking article they made for the game) that you want to turn down first, because they massively affect performance and barely change the graphics. I believe they were fog (turn it off), view distance, shadows (set to very high, the other values are barely notifcably better but have a huge impact) and one other setting... I forget.

Also, there are a couple BIOS settings to try (at least for Intel CPUs) that helped mine a bit. I believe disabling the high performance event timer was one (HPET or something, sometimes called something else too).

There is also a command you can put in the "launch parameters" for the game in uPlay, something like "-disablepagecheck" or something without the quotes, but look it up and verify. That one helped my system too.

If you have an older CPU, or a non-i7 CPU, or an AMD CPU, you're never going to get 60FPS stable at any settings. But you can likely still run the game at Ultra settings and still retain the same min framerate and a similar average framerate.

FYI, the info above was relevant as of a couple weeks ago, maybe at some point a patch will actually address the CPU intensity of the game... though they seem to be having trouble with optimizing that in the first few patches.

I do have a 4 year old i7 @ 4.66Ghz, and an OC'd GTX 1080 GPU and was never able to quite get a consistent 60+ FPS average, but I was able to use almost max settings and retain a framerate between 45-60, usually 60, rarely as low as 45.

I'm glad that AMD baked the Express / Remove options right into the new install manager with ReLive. I think a lot of people on both sides of the camp sincerely overthink their driver installs and end up creating more weird issues / bugs for themselves which ultimately get blamed on the drivers. I've had a 290X since launch day and I have simply installed every driver update right over the other and biggest oddity I've seen is the mouse cursor corruption bug. I've had the same install of Windows going for almost 4 years now and this system has also had Fury X's and my GTX1080 installed w/o issues for each.

The only time I ever run DDU is when I'm changing between nVidia / AMD hardware. I always see people posting about running DDU between driver updates or manually un-installing with the old CIW before updating and it's these folks I tend to see always have stupid niggling issues.

All of that being said, AMD's driver team has been on fire for the better part of 2016 (especially the second half) and that looks to be carrying over into 2017. Hopefully the issues with the DAL merge on the Linux side of things get straightened out soon and we get the new QT interface ported over for AMDGPU/Pro shortly after that is all resolved. Looking forward to trying out Vega with Linux, it'll be the first time the Linux team will have access to lab / early engineering samples prior to release.

I agree, just you wouldnt have seemed so.
But I answered Cageymaru who recommended pursuing, asking him how it was worthwhile and you answered.
I hoped to give my friend a reason why its worth trying again as both of you seemed to feel it was worth the effort.
Its no trouble.

I have a RX 480 now. I need to update my signature. ;) I was hoping that someone would explain their experience with a R9 290 and the new drivers. I even looked on Reddit and nobody was bragging about how much more power they got from the new drivers in relation to the R9 290. They did get the new OC software I believe. :)

Reactions: Nenu
like this
Back