Radeon RX Vega 56 is 279.99

Don’t you buy no reference Cooler.

I’d personally rather buy something like this
https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-sapphire-v64-nitro.1977611/#post-1044090791

Reference Vega 56 is in a tough place right now. In six months Navi should be out, and it should Best Vega 56 for cheaper. Also 1660Ti just came out for the same $280 price, is about the same speed, quieter, and cooler - forcing this price drop by AMD.

I also noticed that Fury X are now closing regularly on eBay for $150. That’s a heck of a card for $150 bucks - if you don’t mind used.

Last edited:
I'd really like a Vega 56 for an eGPU but certainly not this one, and certainly not a full priced model currently.

Dammit, I bought a nano 56 at 350. Oh well.

I bought a Sapphire Nitro+ V56 for 340 like a week and a half ago off of Amazon - Im so glad I went with the Sapphire, I picked up a reference cooler from my local microcenter to hear the difference and sweet googly moogly is the blower fan loud. Im using it in an eGPU set up with a MBP15, so the reference one is an absolute dealbreaker. The Sapphire is worth the extra cost in my limited time spent with the two of them.

I bought a Sapphire Nitro+ V56 for 340 like a week and a half ago off of Amazon - Im so glad I went with the Sapphire, I picked up a reference cooler from my local microcenter to hear the difference and sweet googly moogly is the blower fan loud. Im using it in an eGPU set up with a MBP15, so the reference one is an absolute dealbreaker. The Sapphire is worth the extra cost in my limited time spent with the two of them.

I jest. Actually the Vega56 Nano is a pretty awesome card at 350. Though mine will be going into an eGPU enclosure, I will most likely building a smaller ITX card with this Nano.

Back