Radeon RX 580 vs RX 570 which one is the best ?

bestway

n00b
i Don't have a good knowledge in this field

XFX-Radeon-RX-500-Series-1-1000x641.jpg

but i read these articles
http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-580-570-560-550-specs-gaming-benchmarks-official-leak/
http://www.ttgadget.com/amd-rx-570-graphics-card-card-first-exposure-complete-specifications-leak/
https://videocardz.com/newz/xfx-radeon-rx-580570-pictured

and i don't understand any think so if any one have any idea please explain who is the best

Wait for reviews. You will know which is the best. It's gonna boil down to cooling mostly.

Rx 580 is the way to go if anything 1080p ultra and above.

Its just rumors at this point. No benchmarks released. You will have to wait until reviews come out.

Just do the math with clocks and look at current reviews.

RX570 will be ~3-5% faster over RX470.
RX580 will be ~5-6% faster over RX480.

perfrel_1920_1080.png

But until 570/580 drops significantly in price, you are going to pay out the nose for those small percentages compared to 470/480.

It will depend on where you are currently in your GPU life. If you bought a 1060 or a 480...donf buy it.

If however you were like me and had a 6870, an upgrade to 580 is a good investment. I bought the 480 because the gain wasn't big enough for me to throw my hat in to the price creep that will likely happen. Plus I snagged the XFX black edition for $30 off via MIR.

Thinking about a 480/580 8gb to replace my 970, since my new monitor is only FreeSync, and perhaps to play with the HD FO4 textures.

Thinking about a 480/580 8gb to replace my 970, since my new monitor is only FreeSync, and perhaps to play with the HD FO4 textures.
That's a super sidegrade, it would only be for freesync as the performance is so close. Perhaps wait until a new AMD release if you can

Vega is busy borrowing light from the stars. Hopefully it can borrow enough to shine well enough lol.

That's a super sidegrade, it would only be for freesync as the performance is so close. Perhaps wait until a new AMD release if you can

Yup. After gorging on benchmarks galore, DX11 showing only minor, 10% gains at 1080, DX12 or Mantle showing ~25-35% bumps at the cost of 50 or 60 extra watts. My 970 ocs to 980 speeds to close the gap a little.
Still, the bump up may be worth it before the 970 resale value plummets further. Midrange Vega cards may not show up til Q 4.

Edit: or get the equivalent 8gb 480 as they are around $40 cheaper after MIR.

Last edited:
Yup. After gorging on benchmarks galore, DX11 showing only minor, 10% gains at 1080, DX12 or Mantle showing ~25-35% bumps at the cost of 50 or 60 extra watts. My 970 ocs to 980 speeds to close the gap a little.
Still, the bump up may be worth it before the 970 resale value plummets further. Midrange Vega cards may not show up til Q 4.
I'm hopeful for future adaptive sync display port or HDMI type support (not gsync vs freesync bs) from nvidia gpus. I'd buy a display based on its display qualities alone and use a freesync on a nvidia card any day. Is there even a target date for ANY Vega release? So much hearsay around now with fanboys wanting it to be the second coming.

Back