Radeon RX 580 OEM. Windows 10 Error 0x00000116 Freezes, Restarts

mothman

Supreme [H]ardness
Got this RX 580 OEM card off Ebay. Represented as 'Used Like New' Typical AMD OEM card that was pulled from an HP PC.
Anyway the card does look new. Installed with the latest Adrenaline 19.4.3 Seemed to run fine for a bit then i'd get a sudden freeze and restart. Checked the error log and saw the 'Bug Check 0x00000116 Error' which appears to relate to the graphics processor.
Uninstalled, reinstalled the driver and same thing, runs Ok for a bit then freeze and restart. I switched cards to an Nvidia a couple days ago and no longer have any problems.
Should I assume a bad card or a driver problem. I didn't have time to try different drivers but 'am willing to. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    615.7 KB · Views: 0
Did you have an nVidia card installed prior to installing this one?

It's not as bad as it used to be, but I've found that I occasionally have problems if I switch GPU brands without first at least uninstalling the drivers. It could be something like that. If not, I'd be inclined to suspect you have a faulty or counterfeit card. You could conceivably test this by installing it in a different PC and checking to see if you get the same problem.

I would assume a bad card, to be honest, or a counterfeit card, as RazorWind has suggested. I honestly took one look at that card in the pictures and thought there is no way that is an RX 580.

That could be an RX580 mini itx card.

May be worth while to to use DDU to remove all drivers and try again, it does sound like something is wrong with the card.

google shows that exact card for the HP p/n in the pics, so doubt its counterfeit. could be faulty yes but you should try and do what he said^^. ddu both nvidia and amd drivers then reinstall just the newest amd drivers.

AMD did make these for OEM's like HP and Dell so yes I know the card is 'Real'. I did try DDU reinstalling AMD drivers with the same results so I'm guessing the card is bad and chalk up the loss.

AMD did make these for OEM's like HP and Dell so yes I know the card is 'Real'. I did try DDU reinstalling AMD drivers with the same results so I'm guessing the card is bad and chalk up the loss.

Remove cooler and repaste before binning? Might be an office paperclip in there!

Good idea. I was going to do that anyway to see if there's any evidence of 'Counterfeiting' as I might then have a case for Ebay.

Wish I could be of help but I've kept my friends 580 system on older drivers for stability. Weird too because my other friends 390x is fine on the newest drivers. ..

Well, I learned something new today.

I would clear the cmos also and reset setup if DDU fails = I like 19.4.1 for my CX 570's

Back