Radeon R9 R290X aims at $549 pre-tax price

Woo! I'm stoked! Got my credit card loaded and ready! :D ... unless it has terrible coil whine *eyes gigabyte 7970 sitting in case menacingly*

NDA is lifted at midnight, doesnt mean they will be up for sale yet.

I will say this.

The price is $549 and when the card's fan is set to full range (anywehere from 0-100%) The 290x will match the performance of the TITAN but use a bit more power doing so.

Titan is a year old, and the GK110 design is approaching two years old. I would definitely hope Hawaii can at least match GK110 by now.

The price is really important, though. GPUs need a price war, badly. Here's hoping it comes in even lower than $550.

The R290X at $550 will dominate the market (*if* it performs), and there is NOTHING wrong with that. The only people its launch affects are people who recently bought Titans or 780's

Disagreed. 780s and Titans will keep working just fine. It's not as if they will somehow become invalidated by the release of a new product.

What will be interesting to me is how Hawaii affects Maxwell in Q1 next year.

(Giggles) Waits to hear the collective groan at midnight from $1,000+ Nvidia Titan owners as they realize their cards have just lost half their value.

You're too late; that already happened when the SC's and Classified's were released. Oh sure, they'll be bitter, but I think they already know they wasted a lot of coin.

anyone who paid $1000+ for a video card probably doesn't care...it's not like they spent their rent $$ on it

Im working till 5 am. Excited to see. Too bad retailers wont have stock for at least a few daysm probably more as im in canada. At $550 definately grabbing 1 if turns out to be on par/faster than 780. Glad I got rid of my 780 while it was worth something.

I'll probably wait till some aftermarket cooler 290x cards become available based on early reports about the fan noise...MSI Lightning 290X sounds good

I'll probably wait till some aftermarket cooler 290x cards become available based on early reports about the fan noise...MSI Lightning 290X sounds good

Sounds like EK will have water blocks pretty soon after launch. If I get a 290x that will be high on my list of things to get ASAP.

Sounds like EK will have water blocks pretty soon after launch. If I get a 290x that will be high on my list of things to get ASAP.

They're already available. I bought one earlier today at frozencpu.

Did you guys at least get a chance to mess around with crossfire?

This. I want to see if Frame Pacing is in place at higher resolutions/multi-monitor settings. By my count, it took AMD ~19 months to address it with Tahiti. (AMD soft/paper launched Tahiti on 12/22/11 and Frame Pacing Beta drivers released on 8/1/13)

Up for sale here but not in stock.; a bit higher than the $550 that is being quoted around the forums. I've bought early release cards from these folks before and they are generally $30-40 higher than the Egg or other middlemen but often get them in stock sooner. Paid them the premium price on the 7970 when it released just to get my hands on it. Considered them for the 780 but Egg got those up for sale pretty quickly.

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop...110040015013_BTF3729P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID!

The free shipping is always a plus.

Last edited:
Aww man, I kept waiting for BatCrazyJoe to come back but I guess he sulked off to play CoD on this XBox.

Newegg, being retards, already posted an eBay ad and pulled it. Looks like they're adding their usual $30 Newegg markup.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
hmm, all these prices popping up, hints of titan performance, I wonder were those people who were so sure that it would be $650+ and competing with a 780 are now?

the one that REALLY confuses me about batjoe, is does he even have a Titan? does he work for NV?
2 different quotes same person, less than 2 weeks apart!

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040247959&postcount=229

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040287216&postcount=71

Sorry, totally off topic, but I couldn't resist

Easy explaination, which I also mentioned a long time ago. Company credit card. Yes, I have a Titan, no I don't work nVidia. Satisfied? Probably not.

Easy explaination, which I also mentioned a long time ago. Company credit card. Yes, I have a Titan, no I don't work nVidia. Satisfied? Probably not.

Ehm, who uses a company CC to buy personal stuff? Sounds illegal to me.

Well, I was wrong about the price. Impressive. Its a shame that it took AMD 9-10 months to respond and hopefully it will now bring prices down.

The Titan still beat out the 290X in tests, but the heat and noise of the 290X is pretty concerning.

PCPER's review:
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-R9-290X-Hawaii-Review-Taking-TITANs

Anand:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7457/the-radeon-r9-290x-review

Last edited:
anyone else thinking this as well? (Attack on Titan) ;)

8bE4qYr.jpg

780 Ti rumors:

$650 and less cores than Titan. :'(

chiphell.jpg

That sorta kinda pushes me towards the red team. Hopefully nonref cards come soon!

Back