Radeon HD 6700 spec chart leaks.

Only things visibly different are the TMUs and clockspeed on the Barts XT from past rumours.

Rumors are fine, I'm still waiting for actual reviews! :)

This is in line with the SA article, which said yields on the upcoming cards are very good. Good yields also mean better formed cores and being able to bin for faster clocks.

This is in line with the SA article, which said yields on the upcoming cards are very good. Good yields also mean better formed cores and being able to bin for faster clocks.

By now the bugs are worked out of the process. It is the perfect time to do a new architecture, so you are not debugging the silicon process as well as the new architecture at the same time. It is kind of like the Intel tic-toc plan. Yields should almost certainly be much higher right from the beginning.

Hopefully this holds true, or maybe we'll get something even better :D

I think it is impressive for the new mid-range. The real issue of how impressive will be in the pricing. Initially I think it will be expensive to help clear the old stock.

I am really curious about the new 6800 series. It seems like to be a meaningful boost, it will need wider than 256 bit memory bus.

I think it is impressive for the new mid-range. The real issue of how impressive will be in the pricing. Initially I think it will be expensive to help clear the old stock.

I am really curious about the new 6800 series. It seems like to be a meaningful boost, it will need wider than 256 bit memory bus.

I too am excited for the new flagships. I'm planning on picking up 2x 6870 at launch.

They have to compete with the GTX460 so I doubt they'll be anymore expensive then the 460 variants.

Specs look even better than the last slide "leaked". Even the lower end NI parts should have some oomph. Happy to see these specs emerge rather than the previous slide's specs confirmed.

I suspect the 960sp card may eventually present itself as a 6730 or performance, 128-bit memory 66xx part. If 6770 performance is what they rumor, then a 960sp part should be no slouch even on a 128-bit memory bus.

Oh... My... GEEZ!!!

These are performance levels I would expect from the 7x series not 6x.. Absolutely stunning how much they have whipped 40nm into shape.

I am willing to go up to 175 for that card.

Hmm isn't it suiside to release such cards first?
6770 looks like card which can canibalize a lot of sales from 5850 and 5870 especially if it comes at $200 price point.

Damn, I've been considering getting a 460 (and at least waiting for 6000 series release for price drops) but if the performance is right I could definitely consider a 6750 or 6770 instead.

Hmm isn't it suiside to release such cards first?
6770 looks like card which can canibalize a lot of sales from 5850 and 5870 especially if it comes at $200 price point.

On release, you will probably see big price drops on the 5850/5870 and a premium on the 6750/6770 to the point that people will likely be complaining that the 5850 is a better deal. :D

honestly, the 6770 does not seem to perform all that much better than the current 5870. any word on the price of the 6770?

honestly, the 6770 does not seem to perform all that much better than the current 5870. any word on the price of the 6770?

for a midrange to be in the same sentance as the 5870 is impressive enough for me

Looking good. :) Hope the pricing is less than GTX460. :cool:

Looking forward to some reviews.

I hope it has low power requirements. Single 6 or 8 pin connector would be right up my alley.
I'm looking forward to paper launch.

A mid range part that is twice as fast as current gen, keeping up with current gen 2nd fastest GPU? What more do you want?

NVIDIA haven't done this in years - their 480 can barely beat a GTX285 (only ~25% faster) - and that's pretty old now.

6750 at $179-$199 goes againts gtx460, the 6770 at $250-$299, competes with gtx470 , between 5850 and 5870

well the claim was the 6770 XT is just going after the 460 1gb while the 6770 pro is for the 768mb version so I would hope the 6770 series comes in at under $200 obviously killing the 5850/5830 in the process.

A mid range part that is twice as fast as current gen, keeping up with current gen 2nd fastest GPU? What more do you want?

NVIDIA haven't done this in years - their 480 can barely beat a GTX285 (only ~25% faster) - and that's pretty old now.

Do you mean the 460?

Good if not fake, bring on the 68xx/69xx series, I really can't wait to see that, I can't wait till they finally launch and reviews for single and multi card are available. Cheers to all of you that are going to be getting one of these they look freaking awesome.

I think prices will be $199.99/$249.99. Just a hunch.

Ima buy me a 5850 when these come out.
That would be kickass to be able to grab one for $150. :-D

**70 is always a midrange card. ~5870 levels of performance for the price of a GTX460, if this holds true I wonder what nvidia's next card will be.

AMD undercut prices int he 3k and 4k series then they got the luxury of keeping prices semi high for the 5k series so maybe we will luck out and they will revert to undercutting for the 6k

AMD undercut prices int he 3k and 4k series then they got the luxury of keeping prices semi high for the 5k series so maybe we will luck out and they will revert to undercutting for the 6k

If the die is indeed smaller they could easily undercut the 460 prices and in turn card sales for barts would soar, at least imo.

If the die is indeed smaller they could easily undercut the 460 prices and in turn card sales for barts would soar, at least imo.

The 460 die is already around the size of the 5870 die. Yet price is in another galaxy. They wont' undercut the 460 if they handily outperform it. For the same reason they never dropped the price on the 5xxx cards. Because they didn't have to.

Prediction: MSRP will be:

6750: $199
6770: $250

Likely rising above MSRP early on, to help clear the the 5XXX cards which will have price drops.

The 460 die is already around the size of the 5870 die. Yet price is in another galaxy. They wont' undercut the 460 if they handily outperform it. For the same reason they never dropped the price on the 5xxx cards. Because they didn't have to.

Prediction: MSRP will be:

6750: $199
6770: $250

Likely rising above MSRP early on, to help clear the the 5XXX cards which will have price drops.

I disagree on that because the 6750 will not spank the 460, they would actually be a close fight, and AMD has no reason to let that happen. They WILL WIN the $200 pricepoint, its too important not to.

if this is midrange I can only image the High end 68xx. I love my 5870 but I want to go EyeFinity with a single card.

I disagree on that because the 6750 will not spank the 460, they would actually be a close fight, and AMD has no reason to let that happen. They WILL WIN the $200 pricepoint, its too important not to.

I have made my prediction. Time will tell. But it has been my observation that most people color their expectations with wishful thinking and usually disappointed when reality shows up.

well the claim was the 6770 XT is just going after the 460 1gb while the 6770 pro is for the 768mb version so I would hope the 6770 series comes in at under $200 obviously killing the 5850/5830 in the process.

AMD/ATi doesnt use pro XT anymore.. those are internal code names.. XT is xx70 pro is xx50..

So the 5870 is still going to be viable? Should I get a 5870 for $250 or invest in the new 6xxx series?

So the 5870 is still going to be viable? Should I get a 5870 for $250 or invest in the new 6xxx series?

I would wait, if anything you'll be able to nab a new 5870 for cheap or the same as a used one now. It's less than two weeks away if the October 12th rumor holds true.

Back