Radeon HD 5770 No Post, no working

provoko

Gawd
Radeon HD 5770 by HIS not working. Strange thing though, if I take it from my first SLI slot to my second SLI slot it works, but it's very unstable and crashes.

I've read on-line that other people have same no post problem, possibly because of nfroce 4 mobos, but not sure if that's the problem

My PSU is top notch 535watts and I used to run nvidia SLI 2x 6800s overclocked no problem. This is one video card here... WTF!!!

Anyone else getting no post 5770s?

I had a similar incident where my card would not display video in the first PCI-E slot, but when I switched it, it worked in the second one. Later on, I moved it back to the first slot and it works still. It is just one of those things I will never understand. Maybe reseed the card to make sure you are making proper contact with the slot.

make sure you have the video card all the way pushed in and not catching on anything like a capacitor.

I had a problem like this before and thought that it was my Motherboard.

6 pin connector, if that's not plugged in you'll get that. I installed mine drunk and forgot that, figured i'd come back to it the next day and was like wtf.

6 pin connector, if that's not plugged in you'll get that. I installed mine drunk and forgot that, figured i'd come back to it the next day and was like wtf.

Hahaha, that's great.

make sure you have the video card all the way pushed in and not catching on anything like a capacitor.

I had a problem like this before and thought that it was my Motherboard.

Ok newster and Krenum, I'll put the card back in and make sure I don't have anything in the way.

Didn't work. I called HIS in hong kong, I had to buy a phone card online and then dial 011 (WTF!) Haha. Anyways, they said that it could be incompatible with my mobo (thanks sherlock), but... thats... unpossible, what the hell is incompatible... my pci-express is not compatible with... pci-express? What the hell!!

I've decided to keep it until I build a new computer which I'll be doing soon anyways, but it gets me angry that a pcie card doesn't work with a mobo that has pcie, that shouldn't be.

The dude in hong kong said he'll keep me updated if they discover any work arounds.

Back