Radeon HD 2600 XT vs NVIDIA 8800 GT

falconman

Limp Gawd
This may be a very obvious question but I'm curious to ask, which would be better

1: A single NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

or

2: Two ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT's in SLI

??

Thanks!

Of course the 8800GT. Btw...ATi cards one or more set up together to give more performance is not called SLi, thats for nvidia based cards. ATi is called Crossfire.

Of course the 8800GT. Btw...ATi cards one or more set up together to give more performance is not called SLi, thats for nvidia based cards. ATi is called Crossfire.

Ah very helpful thanks!...I never realized the ATI would be in crossfire...

nps....you already have the graphic cards or your about to get it? or just a wondering thing on your mind?

Nope not yet..im getting a mac pro and was wondering because of the limitations of graphics options. I suppose ill end up with two 8800GTs in SLI...

yepp...Mac Pro ??? you gonna be gaming with the 8800gt's in SLi or graphics designing?

^Yeah another thing that I was wondering about...I don't think OSX can...unless you run Boot Camp on it and dual boot windows or by virtualising it.

Gaming on a mac is like trying to play Oblivion on a p2...

Stick with a dual boot windows/OSX system. Can't go wrong, the best of both worlds... Right? I'd hope so.

I don't even think 2 8800GTS 320 in SLi can even compensate with the performance of a 1GB 8800GT

Back