Radeon Fury X - able to order from website!

Shame to see price gouging before they even hit the shelves. Isn't msrp actually $650? I just couldn't pay over retail no matter how bad i wanted it. Doesn't amazon at least sell for good price on day1? Now if your going to be to busy to purchase it on day one then you could probably do worse then $684 Tell me there at least giving free 2 day shipping?;)

Shame to see price gouging before they even hit the shelves. Isn't msrp actually $650? I just couldn't pay over retail no matter how bad i wanted it. Doesn't amazon at least sell for good price on day1? Now if your going to be to busy to purchase it on day one then you could probably do worse then $684 Tell me there at least giving free 2 day shipping?;)
OcUK confirmed they would be price gouging day one. I forget the timeframe he provided. The first few weeks? Or a month, maybe. Probably just the first batch of cards.
Safe to assume everyone will be price gouging. Another UK retailer put them up for pre-order today and they're also over-priced.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of $700 is to be expected, AKA: Only an idiot would buy them.

Rumor is the FX will be bunduru'd with Battlefront.
I hope so, otherwise the 980 Ti is an even better deal. They still come with Batman AK.

There are rumors that supply is very limited. People will take advantage.

bahaha, $650 MSRP and i pre-ordered mine last night for $685 while everyone complains about price gouging, i will be laughing when you all wait and then you cant find one in stock for under $750 after release.. I guess im not strapped for money so $35 is not a big deal to me.

Why should the supply be limited on such a flagship card. AMD should have ordered thousands of these well in advance. Afterall it's their first true high end card in more than 18 months

Why should the supply be limited on such a flagship card. AMD should have ordered thousands of these well in advance. Afterall it's their first true high end card in more than 18 months
Well, I mean, the obvious answer is HBM. :confused::confused::confused:

bahaha, $650 MSRP and i pre-ordered mine last night for $685 while everyone complains about price gouging, i will be laughing when you all wait and then you cant find one in stock for under $750 after release.. I guess im not strapped for money so $35 is not a big deal to me.

You do have a solid point....come to think of it you could probably resell it a month from now for the same price if in fact you didn't like it and not loose a penny.

We don't even have a review of this thing yet, it could have some horrible flaw or drawback that no one knows about yet.

We don't even have a review of this thing yet, it could have some horrible flaw or drawback that no one knows about yet.
Well its AMD there will be a multitude of flaws. At least we know they have solved their tessellation problems.

A lot of people want the latest Tech no matter how much it cost.

A lot of people would settle for their favorite team like the guy who posted tthis, no matter whatever the company produces. FuryX isn't bad but it's not great with the VRAM capped at 4GB. I would atleast expect a latest tech to have more than twice the VRAM.

A lot of people would settle for their favorite team like the guy who posted tthis, no matter whatever the company produces. FuryX isn't bad but it's not great with the VRAM capped at 4GB. I would atleast expect a latest tech to have more than twice the VRAM.

Well its not gonna happen with the Fury X right now

Well its AMD there will be a multitude of flaws. At least we know they have solved their tessellation problems.
That's some pitiful fanboyism you're suffering from there.

I'm growing tired of the plebs complaining that it doesn't have enough RAM to satisfy their epeen, er- performance needs. 4GB VRAM is a nonissue in >98% of instances in the real world.

The leaked benchmarks so far are showing the Fury X to be better than the 980Ti at 4K, which in and of itself is very much a niche resolution so far. So if it's not a problem at a niche resolution, how much of a problem is it for anyone? I know of only one person IRL that's gotten a 4k display- and that was at work where it fit in his allotted upgrade budget.

Are you doing some hardcore rendering to necessitate a large frame buffer? Get a workstation card with frame buffers the size required for workstation applications.

Are you running at 5, 6, 8K? Get at least a dual card solution, because no single card is going to run that acceptably due to lack of horsepower- not RAM shortage.

aka gonna be more expensive that a 980 ti

and just like so the decision was made what gpu to buy

I can't wait for Fury! The hype is on lol. Hopefully it's not going to disappoint.

umm....you realize it says ordered as needed, yes?

that means it will be at least a month beofre you see it.

I think the best card from AMD would be the R9 Nano. The R9 Fury X has the handicap of not being able to take advantage of all that bandwidth. Its only true advantage is the watercooling and the ratio price/performance. Of course, it still poses as a great improvement over the 290X and it has the double precision performance which for sure will destroy the Maxwell based GPUs from nVidia. Improvements on drivers should also add some extra punch, but that is only around 5% more if we talk about OpenGL/Direct3D < 12.

Maybe next year games start to change memory usage, but by then HBM will be available in 8GB and even 16GB, and both from AMD and nVidia. So buying now a Fury X could be considered as a stop gap, with its 4GB frame buffer.

I'm gonna wait until the dust settles, my 970 works for me right now.

Why is it there is always this guy talking about his POS 970 in every forum I read? Anyways the fury is for people who are in 2015 and running 4k! can't wait to get mine.

Back