Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.2 Drivers Released

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
The Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.2 drivers are here, and are bringing with them increased performance in Final Fantasy XV for both Vega, and RX 580 GPUs. Unfortunately not much else in this release, but if you're playing FF15, you get a nice performance bump.

Support For Final Fantasy® XV:
Up to 4% faster performance playing Final Fantasy® XV using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-230
Up to 7% faster performance playing Final Fantasy® XV using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-231

Fixed Issues:
Final Fantasy® XV may experience minor stutter during some particle effects.

Have they implemented and exposed adaptive sync w/ half refresh yet? No? It's like they want people to buy NVidia... :facepalm:

Have they implemented and exposed adaptive sync w/ half refresh yet? No? It's like they want people to buy NVidia... :facepalm:
half refresh?

anyways I did a test of my FF XV performance. - December->March = 10% improvement.
Ryzen 1700 @ 3800, 2666 mhz dualrank cl16 memory, vega 64 1055 hbm + powerlimit on water @ 55C(target)
Made 4K high from unplayable to playable with the bench.
The game ran fine in 4K high without any gameworks previously, I think the bench does some gameworks.

FFXVbenchpred.JPG

18-3-2 driver.
FFXVbenchpost.JPG

half refresh?

Sync to 1/2 your display's refresh rate (usually 30Hz), which results in vsync with perfect frame pacing (33 ms per frame). Personally, I can't stand tearing, so a consistent 30 fps is actually better than a jumpy 45 fps for many games.

Nvidia's drivers have supported this feature for several (5+?) years.

Sync to 1/2 your display's refresh rate (usually 30Hz), which results in vsync with perfect frame pacing (33 ms per frame). Personally, I can't stand tearing, so a consistent 30 fps is actually better than a jumpy 45 fps for many games.

Nvidia's drivers have supported this feature for several (5+?) years.

I was surprised anyone used it apart from me when all the rage is 144HZ, 244HZ!!!!

anyways, enhanced (v)sync is what you're looking for ?

Edit:
I run enhanced sync when tripple AAA 4K + freesync and freesync only in modern titles and I ain't having any tearing issues and sub 45 fps is definitely out of freesync range.

Back