Radeon 9800pro vs. x800 pro using fraps in games?

TSx

Gawd
I had an x800pro card in and found that it was pretty much overkill for my current game of choice (world of warcraft) and downgraded to a 9800pro I had laying around. I then sold that x800pro since the 9800pro does indeed run WoW at full specs with no problems.

I decided to see about running fraps to take a few in game movies and noticed that it dropped framerate a fair amount; my question is, is that lag from the card, or is that going to be there regardless? If I put an x800pro in again, would the same video have less framerate lag in the fraps movie?

Fraps drops your fps to the rate at which you record the movie, around 30 fps.

It will always do that. Also wouldn't it be better to get record a demo of it and then record fraps with the demo instead of trying to play with it on? Like we do in CS... if you can.

~Adam

I'm hoping to be able to record movies of 'boss' fights and stuff like that, and other than fraps I can't think of a good way to do that. I was linked another program once but can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Anyone have a recommendation to keep fps at like 50-60+ while being able to capture a movie? Or possibly a suggestion for a program other than fraps?

I've discussed this with some guys in BF:1942 forums. The best way would be to use a video capture card. I'm not sure if they were playing it on one computer and capture on another or how it was done, this was a while back.

Alex41290 said:
uh...its like gamingcam.com or gamecam.com....not exactly sure...google "game cam" cuz i'm lazy :p...i know there is one

my bad: http://www.planetgamecam.com/

That was the other one I had seen someone mention, I couldn't remember the name either, heh. I'll give it a shot and see how it does, it seems to definitely have more options than fraps.

Back