Radeon 9800Pro and Doom 3

Sam

n00b
i have a Radeon 9800Pro 128mb video card and i was wondering will i be able to play doom 3 the way its supose to be played. I mean by that with good graphics.

Actually, the game has an automatic feature that will pick up on the presence of a 9800 in your system and purposely disable the good graphics.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
lmao^^

You can probably play high details with doom 3 at 1024x768

Considering how shitty ATi's biggest and badest handled DOOM3 id think the 9800 wont even come close to everything at high. Maby medium @ 1024x768

NOTD665 said:
Actually, the game has an automatic feature that will pick up on the presence of a 9800 in your system and purposely disable the good graphics.

lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^

ICE_PIMP said:
Considering how shitty ATi's biggest and badest handled DOOM3 id think the 9800 wont even come close to everything at high. Maby medium @ 1024x768

Uh, that was at 1600x1200 :rolleyes:

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Uh, that was at 1600x1200 :rolleyes:

Indeed it was. They had to find some way of comparing the cards, since the game is capped at 60fps. They also had to crank the AA/AF settings up a bit to make the cards stumble. ;)

Started playing HL1 again today, and it seems to be capped at 60fps as well. :confused:

RickyJ said:
Indeed it was. They had to find some way of comparing the cards, since the game is capped at 60fps. They also had to crank the AA/AF settings up a bit to make the cards stumble. ;)

Started playing HL1 again today, and it seems to be capped at 60fps as well. :confused:

Your refresh rate is probably at 60hz which sucks all by itself, and you probably have vsync on. Turn up your refresh rate to at least 72hz to save your eyeballs some stress. If your monitor can't handle it, lower it one resolution setting. And turn off vsync while you're benching the game to see the true FPS.

PS: On the "Displays" tab, click your monitor and somewhere in there there is refresh rate overide...set it to same as desktop and click apply.

HL1 forces vsync, and I dotn think ATi has a driver ovveride to force vsync off, just always on or application preference.

ICE_PIMP said:

NVNews called....

Met-AL said:
Your refresh rate is probably at 60hz which sucks all by itself, and you probably have vsync on. Turn up your refresh rate to at least 72hz to save your eyeballs some stress. If your monitor can't handle it, lower it one resolution setting. And turn off vsync while you're benching the game to see the true FPS.

PS: On the "Displays" tab, click your monitor and somewhere in there there is refresh rate overide...set it to same as desktop and click apply.

Strange, because this is a 75Hz monitor, and I'm running it at 75Hz. 1152*864, since the monitor is just one I'm borrowing while I wait for Samsung to send me my damn LCD. I messed around with the AA/AF settings in the ATI Control Panel, and it didn't change anything.

Have another look at the Doom 3 benchmarks, ATI didn't get kicked that bad. First of all, the 9800 xt performed very well, and second, the x800 may have got beaten, but it still pumped out very respectable frame rates.

Back