Radeon 7 (Vega 2, 7nm, 16GB) - $699 available Feb 7th with 3 games

I've been refreshing newegg / amazon since 12am est,

What time will preorder and ordering Today?

I'd be very happy know time they'll let ordering begin.

I've been refreshing newegg / amazon since 12am.

What time will preorder and ordering Today?

I'd be very happy know time they'll let ordering begin.
I don't think anyone knows for sure but the collective expectation is the embargo drops and cards are purchable at 6am PST/9am EST. They'll probably sell out quick.

I don't think anyone knows for sure but the collective expectation is the embargo drops and cards are purchable at 6am PST/9am EST. They'll probably sell out quick.

Okay, Thank you! Sweet! I will be ready!

Radeon vii is a limited run PR card by AMD. The fact is they aren't competitive at the high end and never will be again. Things will only get worse for AMD once intel enters the dgpu market in 2020 and cannibalizes AMDs share in the midrange.

Radeon vii is a limited run PR card by AMD. The fact is they aren't competitive at the high end and never will be again. Things will only get worse for AMD once intel enters the dgpu market in 2020 and cannibalizes AMDs share in the midrange.

I love it when people use absolute statements about the future. Never is a big word.

The fact is, AMD has a habit of not competing in the top end, and this does affect their marketability and thus their market share.

Has AMD had much choice since Hawaii? The die was cast with GCN 1.0 uarch wise. Nothing wrong with their bet on resource/die size/allocation tradeoff, they just weren't able to financially sustain development. Esp given perf/watt issues cf paxwell. NV bet on SFU at the cost of silicon area efficiency, but it paid off in gaming performance & perf/watt. Hence large die sizes & subsequent high costs.

AMD needs an efficient design that has great performance for the price.

What is an efficient design?

Has AMD had much choice since Hawaii? The die was cast with GCN 1.0 uarch wise. Nothing wrong with their bet on resource/die size/allocation tradeoff, they just weren't able to financially sustain development. Esp given perf/watt issues cf paxwell. NV bet on SFU at the cost of silicon area efficiency, but it paid off in gaming performance & perf/watt. Hence large die sizes & subsequent high costs.

Yes that is the questtion everyone asks.

Has AMD had much choice since Hawaii?

Not really a question for forum-goers, or really one that's even answerable: it involves financials as much as technology. Given what they've released, it would seem that they've chosen to spend their money elsewhere.

So...what time do sales go live?
Disappointed that I signed up for notifications from AMD but have yet to get even one.

Performance per die area
Power usage per performance
Cost per performance

AMD sometimes fails in all three. I am personally hoping Navi hits cost per performance for mid range.

Reactions: Auer
like this
So...what time do sales go live?
Disappointed that I signed up for notifications from AMD but have yet to get even one.

For me, it seems like AMD's notifications come out after the fact. I'd read about information here or some tech site and then receive said information from AMD later that day or the next.

But, yeah, it'd be great to know when sales/reviews go live. Would've been great if they lifted the NDA a few hours before launch.

That's been confirmed over at OCUK. AMD is being super strict about when cards can go up for sale, and when the review embargo ends -- it's 9am EST/2pmGMT.

I thought these cards were $699 MSEP? The XFX card is listed at newegg for $599 this morning. Out of stock of course.

I saw that earlier, I think its a place holder and when they refresh the stock it will be at 699.

I figured by 8am there would be reviews popping up all over, cards in stock at various e-tailers/amd.com.

Nothing. Crickets.

*edit*

Derp. Just read that the NDA lifts at 9am EST.

After Vegas craptastic launch drivers I wouldn’t be so enthusiastic about this card on launch day. I don’t mind AMD products, but you typically get rough driver support out of the gate. And that’s not old Mis-information. Thats fresh experience of mine off my Vega launch purchase and off the AMD 285 launch before that.

“Fine wine” is more true if you compare launch drivers to fermented grape juice.

26 minutes until you realize these were the droids we were looking for in mid '17.

Damn, it's like some people just hate graphics progress unless it comes from their favored vendor...

[here's a hint: it'll come from AMD in AMD's time, they've already announced that they're supporting DXR]

Of course AMD will support DXR, it's probably been on their roadmap for years since they work very closely with Microsoft. But it looks like they have the right strategy, instead of what Nv attempted by ballooning the die size and breaking the backs and banks of gamers. The hubris of Huang and nvidia finally came back to bite them in the ass. I'm sure at some point in the future, some form of ray tracing might be worth spending the resources on for game developers. So when game developers are ready, AMD will be also.

After Vegas craptastic launch drivers I wouldn’t be so enthusiastic about this card on launch day. I don’t mind AMD products, but you typically get rough driver support out of the gate. And that’s not old Mis-information. Thats fresh experience of mine off my Vega launch purchase and off the AMD 285 launch before that.

“Fine wine” is more true if you compare launch drivers to fermented grape juice.

You really did have bad luck with the launch drivers but the rest of us did not. I do not expect these to be too bad since the uarch is still VEGA, just with more HBM. We will see. I am trying to snag a pair of thjem.

So here we are 9AM and no cards for sale. I thought the NDA was supposed to be lifted by now...

Yah I have to get to WORK. Stuck in traffic for 25-30 minutes to get there. Don't have time to sit around while someone gets the lights on at newegg.

I'm Refreshing Amazon / Newegg / Amd.com and nothing, I am love my boss but dislike my boss, Benfits being my own boss lol

Back