Radeon 7 Goes on Sale February 7

It doesn't look like a lower price point to me. You can buy in stock 2080s for $699 today. How long before you can say that for the Vega 7?
Agree that At $699 the 2080 is a better buy today than Vega VII (you get future use of DLSS/Ray tracing).
Personally If I were going to spend $700 on a GPU I would buy the AMD one since it roughly matches performance and I don't want to support Nvidia GPU monopoloy.
I am running a 1070ti that I bought off the used market, their products are clearly the best (today).
But again, if we don't buy AMD when they have similar performing products we will be f*cked when AMD says f*ck it, we will only make CPU and console hardware moving forward.

Last edited:
Just lol
Instantly complaining about a new card based against the 2080 at the same price point that is equal...and... that's bad? Never mind the fact of the issues with the 2080ti mentioned here, or the fact that ray-tracing or the other new feature of the 2080 is pretty much non-usable (or not even supported at all at this point) unless you want to drastically reduce settings. But anyways, kudos for giving it more RAM, so that's cool - interesting since it seems like some of these new features (like ray-tracing) may take up more than what the 2080ti has (looking forward to that article).

I'll wait for [H]'s review of this to see how it clocks and how the additional RAM may help (and all that good stuff) and reserve my judgement to more real-world scenarios (rather than some quick slides) or from the competing product bad-mouthing it before it's even out? lol.

If I am honest, I am surprised they squeezed 25% more performance on this card.
I thought for sure it was going to be 2-15%, with 15% being rare.
I guess the 700$ price/value ratio will fully make sense when the complete picture is in with proper Hard reviews.

Back