Radeon 6000 series speculation

Why are Nvidia fanatics now yelling, "but but NVIDIA HAS DLSS!" ??
Deep learning super sampling DLSS is just fancy named marketing for image upscaling and upscaling, no matter how "derp learning", is not as sharp as true 4K.
I think most sites that slobbered over DLSS in their articles were just slobbering over the money and clicks from fanbase, like "PhysX","GameWorks" and "CueCats".

Because Nvidia does have DLSS. DLSS 2.0 is pretty much indistinguishable from native, and in some aspects looks better with hair etc.
https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews...tranding_-_nvidia_4k_performance_trump_card/2

Stop fangirling. I like AMD too, but to say DLSS 2.0 is useless is a joke. AMD seems to think it has merit too being that rumors point to them working on an open source version of it.

RT performance may be better than we’re currently expecting.
I originally heard that it had 2080TI level of RT performance. At the time i thought it was acceptable. But now we are seeing greater than that performance. So it's starting to look like these cards are far more competitive in RT and absolutely explosive for raster. I can't wait for reviews. I want to see the power draw.

I'm pretty excited about the 6800xt performance at 1440p. I was going to get a Samsung Odyssey G9 or another ultrawide, but I can't make up my mind. I decided to snag the Dell S3220DGF from Best Buy for $329.99 for now. Maybe down the road I'll ascend to the ultra wide when I can make up mind.

Or maybe there will just be an awesome BF deal that pops up.

Why are Nvidia fanatics now yelling, "but but NVIDIA HAS DLSS!" ??
Deep learning super sampling DLSS is just fancy named marketing for image upscaling and upscaling, no matter how "derp learning", is not as sharp as true 4K.
I think most sites that slobbered over DLSS in their articles were just slobbering over the money and clicks from fanbase, like "PhysX","GameWorks" and "CueCats".
DLSS is a nice feature. But I can live without it, for the last year before DLSS 2.0 came out I was perfectly fine running games where I needed more performance at 1800p with TAA and Sharpening on my 4K display. Yes DLSS 2.0 is fantastic, but by the time it is widely adopted the games will be supporting AMDs variation as well I'm sure.

When Nvidia announced RTX 3080 you could pretty much immediately pre-order one.

I can't see anything on RX 6800XT. No retailer in Sweden has opened pre-order.
I have a feeling we'll get fucked by AMD as well.

When Nvidia announced RTX 3080 you could pretty much immediately pre-order one.

I can't see anything on RX 6800XT. No retailer in Sweden has opened pre-order.
I have a feeling we'll get fucked by AMD as well.
Well...AMD did explicitly state that their availability would not begin until November 18th.

And, as far as Nvidia's availability on their launch day, I think we all know how badly that went.

Hopefully, AMD learned from Nvidia's mistake. Regardless, we'll all find out in 2 1/2 weeks. ;)

I have been a long EVGA/Nvidia buyer and I am looking to pickup a 6900 (maybe even a 6800 if the price increase doesn’t justify the purchase).

Which company releases these cards with water block or has a great warranty that isnt immediately invalidated when I slap a block on? Also, if I purchase a block separately, where should I look? Ek, Heatkiller, Aqua?

Thanks.

I have been a long EVGA/Nvidia buyer and I am looking to pickup a 6900 (maybe even a 6800 if the price increase doesn’t justify the purchase).

Which company releases these cards with water block or has a great warranty that isnt immediately invalidated when I slap a block on? Also, if I purchase a block separately, where should I look? Ek, Heatkiller, Aqua?

Thanks.
No one knows till they came out. As for blocks odds are anything from a major block maker will be so close in temps not to matter you buy the one you can get/ or like the look of. That said hk has never let me down ek is good but not the best Optimus had been making some good blocks form what I heard. Corsair stuff is nice if you want an ecosystem

Only question left at this point IMHO is will supply meet demand at launch?
At launch? No.

AMD would have to satiate the tremendous demand left by Ampere. Very unlikely that AMD planned to fill this [unexpected] void of Ampere supply a few months back when discussing launch production numbers.

Reactions: kac77
like this
At launch? No.

AMD would have to satiate the tremendous demand left by Ampere. Very unlikely that AMD planned to fill this [unexpected] void of Ampere supply a few months back when discussing launch production numbers.
Yep, and people will cry because AMD doesn't have enough product. You can't fault AMD's planning because nvidia had a poor showing.

We know there are 3 cards, will there be another surprise card like a liquid cooled card? Also will there be some adjustments in the pricing as well? I do not think AMD released all goodies yet, software stuff as well. AMD appears to like snowballs that grow, just hope they can deliver a decent quantity of cards.

We know there are 3 cards, will there be another surprise card like a liquid cooled card? Also will there be some adjustments in the pricing as well? I do not think AMD released all goodies yet, software stuff as well. AMD appears to like snowballs that grow, just hope they can deliver a decent quantity of cards.
I think from AMD's wheelhouse there won't be any more "surprise" cards. They'll obviously introduce a mid-range line-up for the RX 6000 series but I doubt anything beyond that.

But I do expect to see liquid cooled AIB versions; I think ASUS already announced a liquid cooled STRIX 6800XT.

I think from AMD's wheelhouse there won't be any more "surprise" cards. They'll obviously introduce a mid-range line-up for the RX 6000 series but I doubt anything beyond that.

But I do expect to see liquid cooled AIB versions; I think ASUS already announced a liquid cooled STRIX 6800XT.
That maybe better if AIBs do that and AMD not having to take care of another high end skew. Now that is maybe the next bigger snow ball -> AIB cards.

Reactions: noko
like this
Given that these cards appear to be running different bins and just cut down CU counts, what are the odds that single water block design will cover the 6800-6900xt reference range?

Given that these cards appear to be running different bins and just cut down CU counts, what are the odds that single water block design will cover the 6800-6900xt reference range?
Seems pretty likely for the AMD skews, not sure about AIBs.

Just got a new monitor, max it will do is 4k@60. Thoughts about going with a 6800 versus 6800XT?

Just got a new monitor, max it will do is 4k@60. Thoughts about going with a 6800 versus 6800XT?
6800 if benchmarks are to be believed will do 4k 70+ fps on max settings. But the difference in price is only $70 so I would almost always go 6800XT where as the 6800XT approaches 100fps+ in most games. Value wise the 6800XT is almost unbeatable especially if rumors about AIBs getting 2.3-2.4 GHZ overclocks out of them where it will almost match a 6900XT.

I'd go with the 6800XT for 4K for sure. Even if that's overkill for 4K60 max settings now, in a couple years it won't be. Whereas a vanilla 6800 that does 70fps @ 4K now might struggle to hit your vsync with next-gen games.

Had to build a new computer over the summer so won't be upgrading to the yet-to-be-released 5000 series processors for a good while... curious as to what a current gen AMD cpu will look like with this card (say, with a 3800x). Now looking at getting one of these cards if they can be found in stock...!

Can anyone tell me if AMD will be selling there own version of the 6800XT on their website day of release? I assume so, but just want to be sure.

I am pretty sure this is going to happen for ref cards.

Can anyone tell me if AMD will be selling there own version of the 6800XT on their website day of release? I assume so, but just want to be sure.
I believe that they do... but doesn't Sapphire produce the reference AMD cards anyways? So theoretically you can just get the same card purchasing from Sapphire... Hopefully these cards aren't sold out instantly on launch though...

How likely will we be getting additional AMD announcements of more Navi 21 cards or versions?

Looking to get 6800 on day 1. Where is usually the best place to order gpu's when they first come out? Amazon is good?

Looking to get 6800 on day 1. Where is usually the best place to order gpu's when they first come out? Amazon is good?
Who ever has them, AMD, BestBuy, Newegg (only Newegg), Microcenter, Amazon (only Amazon).

Because Nvidia does have DLSS. DLSS 2.0 is pretty much indistinguishable from native, and in some aspects looks better with hair etc.
https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews...tranding_-_nvidia_4k_performance_trump_card/2

Stop fangirling. I like AMD too, but to say DLSS 2.0 is useless is a joke. AMD seems to think it has merit too being that rumors point to them working on an open source version of it.
But as I understand that these new announced on both sides are very capable with 4K, then why would I not want to run the game at 4K, but instead use DLSS on NVIDIA, or some equivalent on AMD sides

But as I understand that these new announced on both sides are very capable with 4K, then why would I not want to run the game at 4K, but instead use DLSS on NVIDIA, or some equivalent on AMD sides
On some title if you want to run with all the options on at "4K" and still run close to 60 fps or if you want to run "4K" 120 fps on less demanding title, that is supposing that DSSL look better than native 1440p (or other available choice with the same performance) on your screen.

It could be much more interesting for the most common card that will be sold, most will have the 3050-3060-3070 and they will not be very capable 4K card, specially for 2021-2022 title or most title with Raytracing on.

I am not sure a 3080 will be very capable of 4K max setting with RT on for Cyberpunk.

For example:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/watch-dogs-legion-benchmark
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/DUGmphh9kBM2mjZtWeChJF-970-80.png

If DSSL + RT look better than native resolution without RT and the performance are similar that make it an interesting option.

This new generation of console seem to aim at 30 FPS for 4K/60 fps 1440p on the big title, that really promising in term of graphic quality to expect but at the same time that should make 60fps at 4k with RT on with graphic details higher than on the console quite hard to achieve.

Last edited:
my hopes of nabbing a 6800xt at launch are going down the toilet. may upgrade VR HMD instead and wait until supplies get better and maybe game bundles.

For an other example:
https://wccftech.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-cant-keep-4k60fps-on-an-rtx-3090-gpu/

And those are 2020 games, 2022 games will probably really need DSSL to play at 4K with max setting.

Console / 2080ti are at 30 FPS at 4K with current games at max setting, 60 FPS at that resolution is asking for a lot, now it is subjective and yet to see how often than 4K dssl look better than 1440p with regular upscaling or native 4k with some setting dropped lower, but the potential for it to be interesting even for a 3090 buyer will start to look obvious with the new games (Watch Dogs and now this are both not able to play at 60 FPS lock on a 3090 at 4K max setting).

Back