Radeon 18.11.2 Drivers for Battlefield V Released

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
AMD just released Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2, and the headlining feature is "support for Battlefield V." While the previous 18.11.1 drivers also supported Battlefield V, and no BFV specific performance games or bug fixes were mentioned in these release notes, these drivers will presumably fix previous issues, like mutli display issues when running BFV, or corruption in Wolfenstein II.

Fixed Issues: Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle. Radeon Software update notifications may sometimes incorrectly list the currently installed driver as an available software update. Known Issues: Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey may experience a game crash at certain locations of the game on Windows7 enabled system configurations.

My big problem has been system freezes every 6-10 seconds with every driver past 18.5.

I've tried clean installs, custom installs, and express install, and the shit still freezes until I do a clean install of the 1 8.5 driver.

I'm on win7x64, but damn, it's stable at this point.

I'm running 3x 1920x1200 diaplays, all the same, and all on.

No sense for this, but it started the first "upgrade" after 18.5 in may.

need to fix clock throttling in the game, or power throttling.. not sure which it is but some places are causing my vega to drop to 50% usage until I reboot or reset the display driver.

Back