rackmount dmarc?

schnell

Gawd
I am getting a new bonded T1 circuit installed to be the primary internet for the office (goodbye crappy Comcast!) and obviously there will be a 25pair dmarc going into my server room. Just like this one:
http://cableorganizer.com/leviton/wiring-systems/connoctorized-demarc-block.htm

Normally this would be mounted to a backerboard on the wall someplace but that would be pretty far from the other equipment plus I don't currently have a backerboard in this room. So if I can I think I am going to install the dmarc in the top of the teleco rack so it is near the router and my core switch.

Does anyone know of a rack mount kit for a 25pair dmarc? I guess I could just get a rack blank and mount it to that but a pre-made solution would be nice.

I have not run across any telco that would put there equipment anywhere but on a backboard. This punchdown is only for phones anyway.

You should have a smartjack installed that will hand off either to their router or the CPE.

Negative on the smartjack. The block pictured is the exact one I have.

T1's come in on the mpop in the sub-basement. They will be extended up to the server room via cat-5 lines run just for this. Then they will be punched down into the 66 block. 25pair cable comes out of the 110 block and into first piece of gear via a 25pin cable and then into the router via cat5.

So unless you know of a way to get cat5 onto a 25 pair teleco cable I have to use the 66 block.

Last edited:
Mind if i ask what area you're having Comcast issues in? What problems are you having? I'm in MN and have had great luck with their 22 down 5 up connection. Can't imagine going back to a wimpy bonded T1

This thread has me confused... what are you doing with the cat5 from the smartjack that it needs to be broken out into pairs like that? Who is bonding the T1 circuits, your telco or you? Are the smartjacks terminating to a router?

This thread has me confused... what are you doing with the cat5 from the smartjack that it needs to be broken out into pairs like that? Who is bonding the T1 circuits, your telco or you? Are the smartjacks terminating to a router?

You obviously didn't read. There is no smart jack involved. I am extending the circuits from the mpop to my server room. It is too far from the dmarc for it to work. The T1 circuts are bonded via equipment goven to my by the service provider.

I did read, I guess I just didn't realize that "negative on the smart jack" meant you aren't using the smartjack. Seems like you have your problem figured out, regardless.

Indeed I do. The issue was that the only way to put the T1's into the equipment was on a 25pair amphenol. But I have it all figured out now.

Back