rack slides?

acesea

Limp Gawd
I picked up a used hp 10642 rack and it came equipped with some accessories from previous use. i.e. hp power distribution unit af512a and some slides. The pdu is intended for 240v and I am unable to identify wtf the slides are exactly used for / compatible with. I presently only use 120v but will have access to 240v in the future.

I have little experience with rack equipment and am apprehensive about getting rid of accessories I am ignorant in regards to but may require again.

Is it worth my while storing the pdu? Also, how can I identify what these slides are for?:

[img=http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9194/crw8466.th.jpg]
[img=http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5683/crw8465.th.jpg]

The bottom 4 sets of rails are for HP drive enclosures. The top rails were for a blade enclosure. That looks like a rack that was built by HP directly for a customer (HP Factory Express in case you wonder).

That pdu is 208v btw.

I am unable to identify how to mount these pseudo power cable organizers in another rack I just got.

Anyone able to point out the mechanism?

I am hitting the hp rack user documentation in the meantime....

We don't use any HP equipment but that looks like a cable management arm, which would attach to the back of a server, not the rack.

Those are cable arms from hp 4u (I think, maybe the 2u's as well..) servers. They will mount properly to the sliding rails..

Can't do much aside from "make them work" screwing them to the rack frame.

doesn't look like you have the proper rails for them, I'm only familiar with SUN, Dell, and IBM cable management, never used HP's, but they only work with slide rails, the rails in your cabinet are static rails meant for, by the looks of it, desk shelves and a storage controller, or maybe, as another user pointed out, a blade chassis. (none of the aforementioned devices ship with cable management arms, they are stationary)

Thanks for the replies.

I am glad to be getting kvm ip and not working with cable management arms.

Those rails and arms are server-specific. Unless you are planning on buying some DL-class HP servers you won't need them.

Back