Rack Mounted Surge Protectors/UPS?

illumina315

Limp Gawd
Do you guys have any recommendations for rack mounted power strips? Right now, im using a normal 6 outlet surge protector, mounted to our rack with zipties (ugly, i know), and I finally want to move it onto the rack itself.

thanks for your help!

If you are going to have a UPS in the rack, you can run a power distrobution unit off the UPS. You could also plug that into the wall directly, but a PDU doesn't do anything for conditioning or surge suppresion.

Depends on how fancy you want to get. APC is good...one of the biggest names in things like this. What you're looking for is a power distribution unit. There are kinds that run vertically down the side of a rack, or kinds that mount horizontally into one of your open U's. Do a search for "APC PDU" on cdw.com or check APC's website. This might help.

Most cabinet manufacturers make some for their cabinets. APC for example, have the distro boxes and other cable organizer items.

Not to mention their 1U battery backup units...everything in my cabinets are plugged into battery backup units anyways.

Tripp Lite gets my vote.

They make rackmount UPS's (I like the SmartOnline series), rackmount and strip surge suppressors (Isobar series), and PDU's for racks.

Back