Race to 1 Million!!!

25 days on a vista machine that gets heavy gaming, autocad, and adobe suite use. That array gets a lot of abuse as well, so it's about time it got a break. The games I'm playing don't need the sli so I've always had gpu2 running full tilt and just paused gpu1 when I wanted to game, so I wasn't taking too bad of a hit to my ppd. At its current rate however I may be looking at a full day of downtime.

25 days on a vista machine that gets heavy gaming, autocad, and adobe suite use. That array gets a lot of abuse as well, so it's about time it got a break. The games I'm playing don't need the sli so I've always had gpu2 running full tilt and just paused gpu1 when I wanted to game, so I wasn't taking too bad of a hit to my ppd. At its current rate however I may be looking at a full day of downtime.

turn off the superfetch in vista.. it will make the load times longer for autocad and adobe suite but it will save your drives from having to load 24/7 even when your not on the system..

Totally forgot about superfetch, that was the first thing to go on the netbook, good call!!
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Totally forgot about superfetch, that was the first thing to go on the netbook, good call!!

yup was the first thing i turned off on all the laptops running vista or windows 7 in this house the day they were bought..

Current race stats 12-8-09
racestats_12_08_09.png

turn off the superfetch in vista.. it will make the load times longer for autocad and adobe suite but it will save your drives from having to load 24/7 even when your not on the system..
And then watch your performance in everything else tank. Superfetch provides a massive improvement to overall memory performance and significantly reduces paging during loading times. There's no reason to disable it unless you have very little RAM.

That's right, see that red line? That's last part is going to keep along that trend for a bit now that I got my first 2 -bigadv's turned in and I'm getting a constant 50k bonus for them :D. (Edit: I guess not since I'm gonna cap out at 7th, hah).

Watch out Dookey, with my OC'd i7 and that extra GTX280 you sold me, I'm'a getcha ;).

Edit: No I'm not, lol, but if we had another half mil or so to go, I would! haha :p Least I placed "lucky" number 7 :)

Last edited:
What are you using to make that graph? I assume you manually entered the information into an excel spreadsheet? Not that it would be hard, but I just wanted to make sure you werent using a website like an advanced EOC stats page or something.

Woot! Finished my 1 million for the race. Solid number 6 finish.

Fold On!

Glad to see this still going
Don't stop now!

I should have gotten in on this. I just started folding again on the 1st :(

IM COMING UP ON YOU ALL......

16th place!

RAWR! :)

I'm rootin for ya freaky ;)

vroom vroom...can I fold under someone elses name to help push them across the finish line once I'm done? :D

And here I come with a nice PPD jump across the finish line :D. Lucky #7 for me!

Good race! I woulda had you Dookey if I'd had my OC stable to begin with and my two GPUs wouldn't have kept downclocking with SLI enabled (which took a week or two to diagnose) :p.

IM GONNA BE LAST......
yesssssssssssssssssss! :)

If you're still pulling up the rear after I cross the finish freaky, expect a turbo boost from me (so long as you don't mind :))

lol, up to you., but I do not mind trying to do it on my own from here on out..... trying to do a major boost in PPD in the next day or so at my home rig! :)

Package arrived already early this morning, not sure what it is, dont have alot on order.... Might be my 2 video cards..... we shall see! :)

Woo, more [H]ardware!! Let's get the horde over 4 mil PPD and put some more time on EVGA!!

I'm on pace for 13th place sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. I'm finally stable on my HTPC after upgrading to an SSD, which is about 10k of my ~16k ppd.

Edit: Cool, I finally made [H]ard Gawd

Congrats Newxperiment

Ive been so busy trying to get you off my threat list i forgot you finished.

Looks like we got more people close to finishing, maybe we update the first page with # for those who have finished? Would be too bad if this was forgotten about, it's not over yet!

Looks like we got more people close to finishing, maybe we update the first page with # for those who have finished? Would be too bad if this was forgotten about, it's not over yet!

It already is :)

You're right nitro, I didn't scroll down far enough to see the results list. Sorry about that, I'll go back to fighting with the 9600gso now.

I'm 60k away, should make it before new years unless something terrible happens. Puppeteernessus right along with me and looks like 84gthatch right before me! Looks like we should pay attention in a few days, could be close call between us!

Better watch out, if all goes well, I could be there in less than 2 days (probably not though ;) )

Yeah if your ppd climbs even 5k you'll beat me easy, so I'll go ahead and guess I'll be the last of this close 3 pack. I did manage to get the 9600gso working again xmas eve, so I'm back to 20-22k ppd.

Back