R9 290X with Kraken G10 Video review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gar818

[H]ard|Gawd
(19) ADVERTISING, site pimping, contests or any type of business promotion is not permitted.

Hey fellas, just reviewed the Kraken G10 equiped with the Kraken X40 running in Push Pull

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty good, although, having to worry about extra heat-sinks for the VRM, is a bit of a hassle, I wish he would have shown a before/after shot of his suggested solution :/

Well, 92c VRM after 1.5minutes of heaven in a small window... Metro LL would definately reach over 100c with this setup

(19) ADVERTISING, site pimping, contests or any type of business promotion is not permitted.

follow up video with vrm heatsinks installed.

Nice results! Running it without VRM sinks in the first place was a bit foolish :p

I'd like to see some results with heavier overclocks. Maybe try getting 1200 on the core and overclock the the memory more. A faster core clock will probably require overvolting which will heat up the VRMs more.

Thanks for the video and info.

That Kraken is doing a very good job of keeping that 290X cool if temps never get above 50C under load. You could probably do a decent amount of overclocking with it.

follow up video with vrm heatsinks installed.

Awesome results!
Just wish he would have pumped up the voltage - who spends that kind of cheddar on cooling NOT to push the card, anyways?

What case is that in the video? I like it

Edit:
it's a Corsair carbide 540. He just changed the front emblem.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video and info.

That Kraken is doing a very good job of keeping that 290X cool if temps never get above 50C under load. You could probably do a decent amount of overclocking with it.

yeah but my card is a dud, no matter what voltage, it wont pass 1150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back