R9 290 Fuzzy White Screen Crash

Nexillus

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello Everyone!

Computer Specs are in the signature.

This has happened twice within the last two days where my computer will lock up, black screen then fuzzy white screen. Here is a picture

I know the 290s had blacks screen problems, I haven't seen that since the new 3.12 drivers have been installed.

Temps never go above 55C at full load, also I do not know a trigger, seems completely random. Once was opening a youtube video while playing a game and the other was just while playing a game. I do game in eyefinity in 5760X1080. I do have MSI Afterburner installed for the overlay to monitor temp, however there is no OC on the cards.

Last edited:
Overclocked? I've seen that from unstable memory. You might try the 14.3 drivers.

Added the information on if they are OC or not. They are not OCd also just checked for 14.3 and they are beta drivers. Not a real fan of any Beta drivers.

Added the information on if they are OC or not. They are not OCd also just checked for 14.3 and they are beta drivers. Not a real fan of any Beta drivers.

Well that's pretty much your only option at this point aside from reformatting or RMA.

Back