R9 290 Eyefinity Monitor Blink

SeaFoam

Supreme [H]ardness
My previous 4 cards have worked, no problems, with both a powered active adapter and a unpowered active adapter. Since I've switched to the new card, neither of them work and my monitor blinks constantly...

Anyone have any ideas? I'm on the latest drivers and a clean install.

I used to have this problem as well. I ditched my active display port adapter and ran straight display port cable and everything is golden since then.

Wow, this old problem is rearing its head again? :eek:

Your monitor or adapter is losing sync with the graphics card. This issue first appeared on the Radon HD 58XX series, and was caused by the graphics cards delivering insufficient voltage over DisplayPort.

If it's the same problem... some adapters are more sensitive than others. Which one are you using?

Wow, this old problem is rearing its head again? :eek:

Your monitor or adapter is losing sync with the graphics card. This issue first appeared on the Radon HD 58XX series, and was caused by the graphics cards delivering insufficient voltage over DisplayPort.

If it's the same problem... some adapters are more sensitive than others. Which one are you using?

Yeah, haven't had an issue since it first came out. I have the BizLink(Accel) powered active adapter, I also have an unpowered Apple adapter, both worked with my 7950s, neither of them work with the new card.

I just ordered a new Accel active... What a pain in the ass.

Already updated...
Well, was worth a shot.

Changing the adapter might help, but it could also simply be a defective graphics card. If the new adapter doesn't fix it I'd seriously consider RMAing the R9 290.

Back