R9 290: $259.99-$20 (VISACHECKOUT)-$30 MIR = $209.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
$239 for a 290 is a smoking deal! May be the best dollar for dollar GPU on the market right now.

$210 for an R9 290... amazing! I sold my GTX 760 for $160 and upgraded to this card for only $50 more. Nice!

that is tempting, was thinking abouit the gtx 970 for my new build, but this being a little lighter on the wallet helps

I've been waiting for sub $200 to add a second 290 for my eyefinity system. We're getting close!

How would this stack up to my 560ti-448 SLI setup? I'm tempted to just get two of them but I wonder if 1 would be an upgrade by itself?

Ugh, the urge to sell my two 7870's and get two of these is killing me.

Based on my research, the R9 290 would be faster than your SLI 560 448's. Plus you would have ton more VRAM, and you would drop your power consumption (and noise) considerably. You can sell the GTX 560 448's for $75 each, so it would only cost you $60 for the upgrade. I would do it.

Based on my research, the R9 290 would be faster than your SLI 560 448's. Plus you would have ton more VRAM, and you would drop your power consumption (and noise) considerably. You can sell the GTX 560 448's for $75 each, so it would only cost you $60 for the upgrade. I would do it.

Did some of my own digging around and you're pretty spot on. My SLI's are both cooled with closed loop coolers (antec 620's I think) so noise isn't particularly an issue but I'll be glad to get rid of the extra heat dump in the room and it will certainly help when I game on the 1600p monitor.

Edit: Don't suppose there's any easy way to get two of these cards and fulfill the rebate on both? Would it have to be a different name + address + card or could I get away with just a different address?

Did some of my own digging around and you're pretty spot on. My SLI's are both cooled with closed loop coolers (antec 620's I think) so noise isn't particularly an issue but I'll be glad to get rid of the extra heat dump in the room and it will certainly help when I game on the 1600p monitor.

Edit: Don't suppose there's any easy way to get two of these cards and fulfill the rebate on both? Would it have to be a different name + address + card or could I get away with just a different address?

I believe these rebates will only be sent to a address that matches the one in the invoice.

On the reviews seems to be a lot of people complaining of black screens and oil leaking all over the place. It seems like the MSI rep who repeatedly claims there are no known problems with the card is going around downvoting everyone, too. I sense shills on those unhelpful votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back