R9 280X best stable driver!

63jax

Limp Gawd
I think the title is self explanatory, which one do you use?
Thanks!

14.9 working good in my machine (except for the random flicker in desk with couple of tabs open but i have that flicker in all of my 280X tested..)... 14.9.2 throw me A LOT of troubles with USB ports.

i tried 14.9 but it gave me artifacts in call of juarez gunslinger and Metro LL benchmark and even in desktop, white squares, missing textures, missing walls and characters in last light. i reverted back to 14.4 for the moment. i also read that 280x has problems with the vram, if that's so there's nothing to do...:(

14.9 working good in my machine (except for the random flicker in desk with couple of tabs open but i have that flicker in all of my 280X tested..)... 14.9.2 throw me A LOT of troubles with USB ports.

Have you tried custom install of 14.9.2 and uncheck usb filter and iommu? I also uncheck CCC and gaming evolved. Runs stable and smooth so far.

14.9.2 is going great for me with two 290x with the help of DDU of course :D

14.9.2 is going great for me with two 290x with the help of DDU of course :D

What's your process with DDU? Even using it I had horrible black screening with 14.9.2.

Usually I just open DDU... it asks to reboot to safe mode, I let it. It does it's thing... I reboot when it's done and install drivers. Then reboot again.

Do you get a green checkmark at the end of the installation? It seems like no matter what I do I always get an error saying the driver is already installed.

14.2?
I let it extract..then cancel and install from Device Manager.
I'd bet 13.9 would even work.

uh,noob question guys, what's DDU :)
...not used with acronyms :/
ignore this, i figured out, nooob!

Last edited:
well, i tried them all and it seems that 14.4 are the best performing and stable drivers for my Sapphire 280X. i'm gonna stick with them for a while, also the guys on guru3d have the same opinion.

well, i tried them all and it seems that 14.4 are the best performing and stable drivers for my Sapphire 280X. i'm gonna stick with them for a while, also the guys on guru3d have the same opinion.

This.

14.4 seems to be the most recent stable driver.

After my 14.9 driver fiasco i returned to 14.4 which are the most stable for my 2 crossfire 280x cards also.

What's your process with DDU? Even using it I had horrible black screening with 14.9.2.

Usually I just open DDU... it asks to reboot to safe mode, I let it. It does it's thing... I reboot when it's done and install drivers. Then reboot again.

Do you get a green checkmark at the end of the installation? It seems like no matter what I do I always get an error saying the driver is already installed.

you are uninstalling all amd software and drivers before rebooting into safe mode right? then use ddu to do its thing and while your at it manually delete the amd folders and can run cc cleaner before installing the new driver as well.

Using 14.9.2 betas on my one machine with 290X CF and my other box with a 7870 and they work fine on both systems. No issues.

Back