R520 scores 9100+ in 3DM05, and more news...

Apple740

Gawd
According Inquirer :)

They are on a roll with lots of R520 articles:

http://www.theinq.com/

"A document seen by the INQUIRER claims that ATI will beat Geforce 7800GTX by as much as ninety per cent in the Fear Demo. ATI claims it will end up almost forty per cent faster in Battlefield 2, while it will top Nvidia's fastest card as much as twentyfive per cent in Far Cry."

:eek:

yeah, not liking the INQ too much right this second

http://www.techreport.com/onearticle.x/8846

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26586

But forget ATI for a moment, because the online review community blew this one big time. I can forgive them for thinking it would be out on day one, ATI told them they would. What annoys me is these patsies didn't follow up after that. This week is a miserable one for the hardware community, corporate PR, and users in general.

This here "Pastie" is kinda busy at this specific time working on something cool and doesn't have time for a followup right now, plus, I covered everything in the review anyway.

I don't know why people still go to that site, much less believe what they say.

Brent_Justice said:
I don't know why people still go to that site, much less believe what they say.

Same reason why people pay money to buy those simular magiznes in the check out line :((

Ya I couldn't believe that comment after having linked the tech report. So you had to make the direct connection. The inq bagging on the tech report, has the world gone fucking mad or what?

Brent_Justice said:
This here "Pastie" is kinda busy at this specific time working on something cool and doesn't have time for a followup right now, plus.

Yep thats right. Put that X1800XT through its paces!! 3 1/2 days away. ;) :D

Didn't you hear, they're drawing extra pipelines on the R520 cores right now with graphite pencils just before they enter the box for shipment?

Darth Millennial said:
with no leakage right? :D

Only if you lay off the olestra.

One of these days i'm going to write down all the pre-release benches and rumors for a product, then after it is actually launched and available, sort through what was right and what was way off, and never go to sources that posted wrong info again.

Don't get me wrong, I love speculating about upcoming hardware, it just seems like I need hip waders to do it these days.

Wonder if they'll be doing those reviews on some form of the radeon xpress/crossfire chipset motherboard.
THAT will be interesting.
Badly need a high performance alternative to nForce/Geforce combo.

i don't buy that for a second...

that news is coming from the same sight that said theh R will have 32pipes and other things

...even if the numbers are true...it doesn't matter as ATI is going to paper launch again and the card won't be available until March...when nVidia's next is coming out.

FrizzleFried said:
...even if the numbers are true...it doesn't matter as ATI is going to paper launch again and the card won't be available until March...when nVidia's next is coming out.

And you know this how? If ATI is now doomed to have all product launches be "paper" launches because of the availability of their X800/850 parts, isn't NVIDIA likewise doomed in a similar way for NV30?

Not saying it can't or won't be a paper launch, merely that throwing out such strongly worded claims without any real basis in fact is hardly a fair or intelligent thing to do.

ATI crossfire is funny. We do SLI to boost gaming scores at >1600x1200 resolution, yet Crossfire is limited to 60hz refresh.
Why do I want to buy it then ? To see my screen flicker :p

or is the R520 Crossfire not subject to this problem ? :eek:

thylantyr said:
or is the R520 Crossfire not subject to this problem ? :eek:

No. the x800 xfire was limited to this res because ATI wanted to allow ALL the current x800 cards to be used as slaves. Problem is that the DVI interface on ALL x800s is limited to 165mhz which is the reason for the limit. R520 xfire will NOT work with x800 card so they will not have this limit.

So is this thing gonna be available on launch you guys think?
Remember all the vendors had 7800s on their sites before actual launch dates teasing us, cuz if htese suckers are gonna be smoking good i want a couple, but then again we gonna need the mobos too.

AHUAHuahaUhAuAHauhauahaua

Now that sequence was most hilarious hahahahahahaa
Don't cry baby

:D

And you know this how? If ATI is now doomed to have all product launches be "paper" launches because of the availability of their X800/850 parts, isn't NVIDIA likewise doomed in a similar way for NV30?

Not saying it can't or won't be a paper launch, merely that throwing out such strongly worded claims without any real basis in fact is hardly a fair or intelligent thing to do.

Considering my sarcasm was put on pretty thick...I am surprised I have to add [SARCASM] [/SARCASM] tags for the fanATIcs out there...

why websites like this exist? and how do websites like this continue to exist? and why do people post websites like this on these forums?

Xeero said:
why websites like this exist? and how do websites like this continue to exist? and why do people post websites like this on these forums?

mainly so we can give you a reason to ask the dumb questions.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
i don't buy that for a second...

that news is coming from the same sight that said theh R will have 32pipes and other things
It's just speculation. The closer to launch, the more accurate it gets. They're usually onlya day or so ahead of everyone else with the correct info. But you never know when, until everybody else posts the exact same thing next morning.

I don't know why people hate INQ so much; I personally find it an interesting read, if just that.

iddqd said:
It's just speculation. The closer to launch, the more accurate it gets. They're usually onlya day or so ahead of everyone else with the correct info. But you never know when, until everybody else posts the exact same thing next morning.

I don't know why people hate INQ so much; I personally find it an interesting read, if just that.

is it just me or does a lot of the info on the inquirer end up being true

iddqd said:

because they like to act like they know everything...and just today they went out of their way to put down all of the real review sites for not calling ATi on crossfire availability...

I find they're often two days behind on the news...they like to just repost what's going on in the forums as though they got it from some super secret source of information...

They're a tabloid, fun to read, but in the end, they have about zero journalistic integrity and they're rarely correct...or even thoughtful

iddqd said:

I hate the INQ because it's clear that Fuad knows jack shit about graphics hardware or the software controlling it.

FrizzleFried said:
Considering my sarcasm was put on pretty thick...I am surprised I have to add [SARCASM] [/SARCASM] tags for the fanATIcs out there...

So your response to a post that questioned the illogical/unfair aspects of your claims is a knee-jerk insult? Gotcha.

BTW, this "fanATIc" has a 6800 GT.

Big Fat Duck said:

A lot of those random lottery numbers from the inside of fortune cookies end up being the wining numbers - like the inquirer - if you put enough random bullshit information out there some of it by pure chance will end up being correct.

The primary source of information for the Inquirer is probably some fat guy living in his parent's basement who writes emails from ten thousand different aliases to "[email protected]" and laughs every time one of his stories gets posted.

faster slower faster slower faster slower faster slower slower slower faster

WTF, those guys come up with conflicting news every day. Tomorrow they will claim the opposite again. :rolleyes:

I do hope it's true, I really like my 7800 but it will not be good if nvidia ends up being our only option.

Big Fat Duck said:

Its because he posts ever rumor possible of course even the true information is so ubsucred that it seems to be a rumor.

Sc4freak said:
http://www.theinq.com/?article=26617

That's where it says X1800XT beats 7800GTX in games.

I reckon that is bullshit, 25-30% faster in FEAR would be believable.....but 90%?! Pfft I find that really hard to believe.

This looks exactly like the same PR bullshit that we saw prior to the GF5800 series being released.

Kind of meaningless this isn't it? All rumors and no facts and no-one will know until the cards are actually in the stores. :rolleyes:

If that card is 90% faster in Fear, it will mean that the game sucks 90% more then it did the before. THAT GAMES SUCKS.

Back