R340? drivers to deliver large performance boosts for nvidia cards

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Talks-DX12-DX11-Efficiency-Improvements

Star swarm pushes past mantle, thief gains 15% or more, dx11 efficiency will continue to be pushed with further releases.

http://www.pcper.com/image/view/38821?return=node/59855
http://www.pcper.com/image/view/38822?return=node/59855

Obviously NVIDIA is going to support DirectX 12 and continues to support the latest updates to OpenGL. You’ll find DX12 support on Fermi, Kepler and Maxwell parts (in addition to whatever is coming next) and NVIDIA says they have been working with Microsoft since the beginning on the new API. The exact timeline of that and what constitutes “working with” is also up for debate, but that is mostly irrelevant for our discussion.

What NVIDIA did want to focus on with us was the significant improvements that have been made on the efficiency and performance of DirectX 11. When NVIDIA is questioned as to why they didn’t create their Mantle-like API if Microsoft was dragging its feet, they point to the vast improvements possible and made with existing APIs like DX11 and OpenGL. The idea is that rather than spend resources on creating a completely new API that needs to be integrated in a totally unique engine port (see Frostbite, CryEngine, etc.) NVIDIA has instead improved the performance, scaling, and predictability of DirectX 11.

Lol poor AMD cant catch a break. At least they are lighting a fire under Nvidia's and Microsoft's lazy asses though.

What NVIDIA claims and what actually is true are often different things.

Just look at the Tegra 3 and 4, NVIDIA said they would be the best SoCs around yet they were both shit.

Yeah and they are showing this improvement for Win 7 which makes me think Win 8.1 was already performing better and will not get much of a boost.

Proof will be in the pudding, i'll remain sceptical until I see it in action.

Shill website paid by Nvidia.....Yes I believe this website as much as saying Prime1 loves AMD.

I would ignore this review. Wait for non bias reviews. Like techpowerup and [H]ardocp.

P.S. Like to add that DX12 is suppose to help with slower CPU's, and the review shows them using a top of of the line 6core Intel?...Really?

People complained when AMD used an APU for the mantle benches.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

I find both high end and low end CPUs usfull for comparison. Heck in one mantel demo even a top end 6 core Intel CPU gained 10 fps. Thats interesting to know.

With DX12 two years away at least, they'll need to optimize the heck out of DX11 to provide a counterargument to Mantle. Especially given it seems that with the two (DX12 & Mantle) being so closely related, work towards one lends benefit to work towards the other.

Well if history is any indication, NVidia can manage a nice performance boost through driver optimization... Unfortunately, those "optimizations" usually consist of missing or toned down effects.

Well if history is any indication, NVidia can manage a nice performance boost through driver optimization... Unfortunately, those "optimizations" usually consist of missing or toned down effects.

I don't think the missing effects problem has been a thing for over 10 years now, not since 3dmark 2001 and Quake 3 anyway.

Shill website paid by Nvidia.....Yes I believe this website as much as saying Prime1 loves AMD.

I would ignore this review. Wait for non bias reviews. Like techpowerup and [H]ardocp.

P.S. Like to add that DX12 is suppose to help with slower CPU's, and the review shows them using a top of of the line 6core Intel?...Really?

What are you ranting about? It isn't a review of shit. Let alone I love how you PCPer-Are-Nvidia-Employees folk completely ignore every image was pointed out as being "given" by Nvidia. In other words: take it with a grain of salt.

They also point out double standards of Nvidia:

NVIDIA doesn’t deny that a lower level API is beneficial or needed for PC gaming. It does, however, think that the methodology of AMD’s Mantle is the wrong way to go. Fragmenting the market into additional segments with a proprietary API does not maintain the benefits of hardware abstractions or “cross vendor support”. I realize that many readers will see some irony in this statement considering many in the industry would point to CUDA, PhysX, 3D Vision and others as NVIDIA’s own proprietary feature sets.

Time and time again you guys just ignore this shit and it's starting to piss me off. Even the stuff that doesn't directly translate in their text reviews has been beat to death with unbiased observations in their podcasts.

Time and time again you guys just ignore this shit and it's starting to piss me off. Even the stuff that doesn't directly translate in their text reviews has been beat to death with unbiased observations in their podcasts.

This forum probably has the sandiest vagina on the internet, at least from the forums I frequent. Kind of shameful when you consider the age range.

Last edited:
^^^ agreed. all fanboy vs fanboy. everyone thought nvidia was just going to roll over and let mantle be "the future of gaming". mantle paved the way for good things to come. only thing I care about is the ability to stay at 120fps in games. hope this does it.

This forum probably has the sandiest vagina on the internet, at least from the forums I frequent. Kind of shameful when you consider the aged range.

In the video card forums and console sub forum I agree at times it does. But as they say if it's too hot get out of the kitchen.

This forum probably has the sandiest vagina on the internet, at least from the forums I frequent. Kind of shameful when you consider the age range.

I'll disagree with that, I think for the most part hardforum is made up of users that love hardware regardless of who makes it.

Back