R.I.P. Colin McRae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie

Gawd
McRae, the 1995 World Rally Champion who lent his name to the eponymous multi-platform rally driving game series, passed away late yesterday with his 5 year-old son and 2 other passengers in a catastrophic helicopter crash within a mile of his estate in Scotland.

It is a sad day for motorsport and gaming - he never knew slow and by all accounts was a great guy and father.

My thoughts go out to his wife & daughter.

RIP Colin :(

A tribute to Colin on my next burn out... the racing world has lost someone irreplaceable...

Omg. I didn't even hear about this. Is it for real?

My thoughts are with his wife, and family :(

ya colin mcrae was a badass rally driver and may you rip. if it wasn't for him i wouldn't of actually gotten into games like gt3, gt4 him and tomi makkinen

My first interest in rallying was because of Colin McRae. The man was fearless behind the wheel and his style of driving won millions of fans. Todays news of his death was devasting. I'm almost lost for words. Rest in peace Colin.

Definitely, my reference, when talking about Rally.
Rest in Peace Colin McRae and all the other passengers in the helicopter, including his 5 year old son :(

its a real shame

I remeber back to 1995, he was the guy who got me into rally, I love it.

R.I.P. to the re-inventor of Rally.
i'll also be taking a moment for the passengers and Colin's loved-ones.
Colin, we will miss you.

"General Gaming" forum, not "Misplaced sentimentality and news updates", kids.

You've got to be fucking kidding me! This IS about gaming. Colin McRae put his name on a lot of games, and his death means something to some of us, AND it will affect gaming since his line of racing games may not continue after this.

Either way, why would you take it upon yourself to harass some people expressing a genuine sadness toward the death someone they admired? Get a life Wally!

RIP Colin, as well as the other passengers on the chopper. My heart goes out to their families.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's terrible we lost him but for his son and others as well makes it worse. :(

Fuck you Wally you insensitive asshole.

That should about cover it for everyone.

Damn shame. Helicopters are dangerous. They have claimed so many great people. SRV was one.

I have no time for unplesantries, but it looks as if Wally is living up to his name!

I knew nothing of this man until the tribute videos started popping up last night. Its a shame it took his death for me to discover his talent. :(

I swear to fucking god I heard that he died like 2 weeks ago. What the fuck is this shit. They were discussing how DiRT was better than the last McRae game or not and somebody said "Too bad hes dead". God damn I must have time travel to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back