Quote of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
I actually laughed out loud when I got to the part where this guy said you shouldn't invest in companies started by a "bunch of rich douchebags who are already rich." Mr. Palihapitiya himself is very rich.

“In all this technological upheaval, there’s going to be massive wealth created,” Palihapitiya said. “It’s going to get allocated to somebody. Better people with a moral imperative, who have a sense of equality and a sense of social justice, than a bunch of rich douchebags who are already rich.”

He himself admits that the zero sum game is a bullshit economic model. Wealth is created all time everywhere and sometimes it gets concentrated to specific people and places. You can see it on all kinds of scales.

He lost me when he used the phrase "sense of social justice".
That tells me he's nothing but an rich liberal with feelings of guilt over all the people he stepped on to get where he is.

The problem is that nowadays, politicians control the masses through slogans, and the different demographics eat that shit up and react emotionally rather than realizing they are being conditioned and controlled like Pavlov's dog.

Need to control women? Just insert "War on Women".
Need to control white people? "War on terror."
Need to control black people? "Black Lives Matter"
Need to control Hispanics? "War on Immigration"
Need to control the far left? "Social Justice"
Need to control the far right? "Gun control"

And it goes on and on and on.

We've officially become so lazy in society that we allow ourselves to be conditioned to think a certain way in our schools, so that the political elite can whip us up into a frenzy with so much as a catchphrase whenever they need us at their disposal.

For all their racist and at times xenophobic habits, the greatest generation of the 40's both knew how to be civil to those they disagreed with and knew politicians and the media were full of shit. I often wish we could infuse that intelligence and resolve into today, which combined with a broader social acceptance and tolerance of the current time would make a far better place than the one we live in now. Funny how they were downgraded for being "old fashioned", when really, taking the social issues out of the equation, they had a lot more common sense than anyone of this generation.

The problem is that nowadays, politicians control the masses through slogans, and the different demographics eat that shit up and react emotionally rather than realizing they are being conditioned and controlled like Pavlov's dog.

Need to control women? Just insert "War on Women".
Need to control white people? "War on terror."
Need to control black people? "Black Lives Matter"
Need to control Hispanics? "War on Immigration"
Need to control the far left? "Social Justice"
Need to control the far right? "Gun control"

And it goes on and on and on.

We've officially become so lazy in society that we allow ourselves to be conditioned to think a certain way in our schools, so that the political elite can whip us up into a frenzy with so much as a catchphrase whenever they need us at their disposal.

For all their racist and at times xenophobic habits, the greatest generation of the 40's both knew how to be civil to those they disagreed with and knew politicians and the media were full of shit. I often wish we could infuse that intelligence and resolve into today, which combined with a broader social acceptance and tolerance of the current time would make a far better place than the one we live in now. Funny how they were downgraded for being "old fashioned", when really, taking the social issues out of the equation, they had a lot more common sense than anyone of this generation.

And the way we get these messages is television. Years and years of it. I believe that is why they call it "programming". Now, with social media, it is more focused and accelerated.

Back