Quik Poll: Do you have a floppy installed to flash your mobo?

to flop or not to flop

• I flop

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • I not

Votes: 46 69.7%

• Total voters
newer boards, like the Asus's I just used, can use USB thumbdrives to flash with.

Helped me during my last build for a client since the mobo needed to be flashed before it would boot up with the new Quad Core proc.

I would just not put a floppy in and if you need 1 the odd time pull it out of another system quickly.

I always keep a spare around. You never know when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan.

I voted I flop because I have a floppy drive installed which i included in my sig build over 4 years ago and have yet to use it 1 time. Worst 20 dollars I've ever spent :p.

Yeah, I had to update my BIOS via floppy drive with my P45, for some reason the USB drive did not detect the BIOS file.

been using winflash to flash my bios forever. and in the 2 years i have been using vista, havent needed 1 for raid drivers. i have an external usb floppy around here someplace, i think.

What is a floppy? :confused:

maybe I should ask grandpa about it :p

hehe i replaced my floppy drive with an internal multi-card reader :)

Its an atavism now, with vista I dont need it anymore.

With XP I only had it for OS install.

I wonder if I can find the plate to stick in the bay so I can pull it out?

my dad had a ACT! 4.0 database backed up across several floppies and my god the sequence i had to go through to get that shit into his new comp was insanity. diskette 1 then diskette 5, then diskette 2 then diskette 5, then diskette 3 then diskette 1 again and on and on. awful sounds and diskette sounds stupid. got a pentium 1 keychain out of it though

Back