Quik Poll: Do you have a floppy installed to flash your mobo?

to flop or not to flop

• I flop

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • I not

Votes: 46 69.7%

• Total voters

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
newer boards, like the Asus's I just used, can use USB thumbdrives to flash with.

Helped me during my last build for a client since the mobo needed to be flashed before it would boot up with the new Quad Core proc.

jarrod10

Limp Gawd
I would just not put a floppy in and if you need 1 the odd time pull it out of another system quickly.

Zoogle

Gawd
I always keep a spare around. You never know when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan.

Destonomos

[H]ard|Gawd
I voted I flop because I have a floppy drive installed which i included in my sig build over 4 years ago and have yet to use it 1 time. Worst 20 dollars I've ever spent :p.

Yeah, I had to update my BIOS via floppy drive with my P45, for some reason the USB drive did not detect the BIOS file.

vanilla_guerilla

Supreme [H]ardness
been using winflash to flash my bios forever. and in the 2 years i have been using vista, havent needed 1 for raid drivers. i have an external usb floppy around here someplace, i think.

leSLIe

Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me
What is a floppy? :confused:

maybe I should ask grandpa about it :p

leSLIe

Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me
hehe i replaced my floppy drive with an internal multi-card reader :)

Elf_Boy

2[H]4U
Its an atavism now, with vista I dont need it anymore.

With XP I only had it for OS install.

I wonder if I can find the plate to stick in the bay so I can pull it out?

leetskeet

Limp Gawd
my dad had a ACT! 4.0 database backed up across several floppies and my god the sequence i had to go through to get that shit into his new comp was insanity. diskette 1 then diskette 5, then diskette 2 then diskette 5, then diskette 3 then diskette 1 again and on and on. awful sounds and diskette sounds stupid. got a pentium 1 keychain out of it though