quietest 6800gt/ultra manufacturer?

Santasballz

Limp Gawd
which one? i know having an NV5 will be the quietest, but i don't wanna have to void the warrantee (i think some manufacture has NV5 direclty included with their card, but they aren't widely available)

any suggestions?

out of these brands: which the quietest?
6800gt:
- asus
- evga
-bfg
-giga

BFG is probably the loudest... eVGA, I think uses the standard nVidia one, Asus uses one like that and I can't remember for the gigabyte. If quiet is important and you want a good card I would suggest the eVGA.

one thing i don't understand. it seems like bfg (the version of uses only 1 fan) and evga both seem to use the stock cooler, so why evga is quieter?

darn, only if bfg was quiet i would jump it on so fast. i don't care how hot it runs since it gives u lifetime warrantee

Well, if you can find the 1 fan BFG for sale go for it. But I thought they only sold the 2 fan design now. Which IS louder, I have it, it doesn't bother me AT ALL... but others will tell you it's the loudest.

I have a leadtek 6800GT, and it's nice an quiet. The dbl slot cooler is quite nice when you want to OC too...there's no real need to bother upgrading your cooling solution, assuming that you're OCing on air.

1 word leaktek

there card is fairly big but it sompletely dominates every tyoe of air cooling fo ra 6800, even the new zalman gpu cooler got left in teh dust by leadteks cooler (i know exactly becuase i have both the leadtek stock cooler and the zalman cooler and even tho they are about the same the leadtek whoops its ass)

all i can say is my E-Vga 6800 GT fan is NOT quiet.. even replacing it with NV silencer 5 heatsink and fan

I'd bet that the answer is more easily found on the card's website than a message board ;)

Back