Quiet pwm fans?

RogueTrip

2[H]4U
Currently have a few Cougar Vortex PWM fans and at slow rpms hear motors ticking. Are be quiet good? RGB not needed.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Though I mostly got them due to cost reasons, i've been happy with my Arctic P14 PWM, $40 for a 5 pack and they can be daisy chained which makes things WAY easier for cable management.

Super quiet around 50% or below, they get a pretty good hum and woosh when pushing a lot of air at 100%. I keep mine below 70%, even at full load.

As suggested be quiet! Silent Wings 3 are quite good. I suggest the high speed ones, as other 140mm is only 1000rpm max speed to high speed model going up to 1600rpm. Sure, that is about 300-400rpm faster than usually needed, but sometimes it is needed. 120mm are up to1450rpm, with high speed being 2200rpm. I also prefer PWM fans.

re the P14s fans and their 10 year warranty. i just had one go bad after hitting a knuckle in it. i emailed them and asked how the warranty works. they asked for the invoice and are shipping me a new one, simple.

edit: received the new one this morning. two weeks from contact, 1.5wks for shipping from SC to Alberta. not too shabby.

Last edited:
ARCTIC P12 arw really great for their price and all over usage

if you want something more premium look into phanteks new 30 something fans. they really took lead over everything else

Kinda Necroposting here guys.
I did it once myself when OC started this newer forum format. Now I look at dates on posts before posting replies. ;)

go read the rule about necroing. ;)
oh and 8 months is nothin....
https://hardforum.com/threads/nooner.1169381/page-2#post-1044644086
What is forum definition of 'necroing'?

Really, who cares about necro rule. Common sense s In this case answering questions about fans asked about 7.5 months ago is not likely to be helpful to OP .. or anyone else.
I'm sure OP is no longer looking for answers. Maybe OP will post up and tell us. ;)

There is also almost no credible reviews and testing of new Phanteks PH-F120T30. So while I think (like SvenBent) they look to be very nice fans, we don't know how good they will really be.

Edit: My bad. Your post isn't necro. I miss-read what you posted.
Sorry

Last edited:

Really, who cares about necro rule. Common sense s In this case answering questions about fans asked about 7.5 months ago is not likely to be helpful to OP .. or anyone else.
I'm sure OP is no longer looking for answers. Maybe OP will post up and tell us. ;)

There is also almost no credible reviews and testing of new Phanteks PH-F120T30. So while I think (like SvenBent) they look to be very nice fans, we don't know how good they will really be.
no time frame but you need to add to the discussion, i did.
want talking about those.

Edit: My bad. Your post isn't necro. I miss-read what you posted.
Sorry

might not be helpful to OP
but if someone else looks for fans instead of consonantly making new post with the same question because the old ones are outdated.
Updating a post to bee kept in time reduces the amount of needed threads for the same questions

It was not diagnostic question but a product question and products gets updated.

In regards to reviews
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/phanteks-t30-120-fan/

I espeically like that the provides audio samples of the noise and he has done some massive amount of fan testing

might not be helpful to OP
but if someone else looks for fans instead of consonantly making new post with the same question because the old ones are outdated.
Updating a post to bee kept in time reduces the amount of needed threads for the same questions

It was not diagnostic question but a product question and products gets updated.

In regards to reviews
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/phanteks-t30-120-fan/

I espeically like that the provides audio samples of the noise and he has done some massive amount of fan testing

Arctic P12 PWM at $6 a pop in the value pack an amazing fan? I literally have like 40-50 of these haha.

But man that new Phanteks fan is looking amazing.

Arctic P12 PWM at $6 a pop in the value pack an amazing fan? I literally have like 40-50 of these haha.

But man that new Phanteks fan is looking amazing.

Yeah im thinking the artic P!2 is my reccomending for anyone wanting good fans but not pay a high premium
and the phanteks when you just want top of the line.

the fact it is/was slightly cheaper than noctua and outppeforming it on both sound and performance at the same time makes it a total winner in my book

I have 3-pack of Phanteks new T30 fans inbound, so as soon as they arrive I will run some testing in current Evolv ITX build. It's using 2x PH-F140MP intakes with no exhaust fans now. Probably be next week. Will give case intake air temp vs inside air temp vs component temps. Maybe exhaust air temp to just for fun.

Now I need to find some Arctic P12 fans for comparison testing.

Last edited:
If you are looking for 120mm fans, Phanteks T30. I have 3 pulling in air through a 360mm radiator and they are quiet and the sound quality is very good. Very high quality, They are not cheap though.

Phanteks T30 are easily as good as NF-A12x25. I think T30 is a little better. I'm using 3 as well.

I have a hard time getting away from the Redux line of Noctua.. Something about the original SSO bearing I like more than the SSO2 bearing. I played with a Vardar 140mm the other day and was surprised how nice it sounded after reading how many hated it.

Currently have a few Cougar Vortex PWM fans and at slow rpms hear motors ticking. Are be quiet good? RGB not needed.
Bequiet's fans are great. Their PWM motor is basically silent, which I cannot say for Noctua. Especially the Redux line. The Pure Wings models are significantly lower cost than the Silent Wings and only slightly louder overall noise, than the silent wings. If you need max RPM, then maybe spend the extra money on the Silent Wings. Otherwise, I can't tell the difference between the two, until about 80% fan speed.

Back