Quiet-est blue LED Fan.

Mike_Check

n00b
Hey there, I recently purchased a few Silent X Blue LED fans believing they were the most quiet ones out there (rated at 14dbA for the 80mm and 16dbA for the 120mm one) but real world testing.... I don't think they actually are that quiet. So now I face a dilema, I would love to get something like the Nexus Real Silent but the only problem is it's not blue.

Now this may seem trvial but I've recently purchased a Raidmax Smilodon case and non coloured fans would look wrong in it. Thus I want it to look as good as possible but be as quiet as possible. I will be voerclocking also so airflow is important. For those unfamiliar that case has a 120mm at the front and an 80mm at the back, there are also two 80mm on the side panel and another 80mm in the hard drive bay.

My other option is buying a new case (Centurion 5) and builindg a new fan-age system from the ground up.

I know it's a big ask but what are the quiet-est blue LED fans? I need to know.

thanks

Mike

Yate Loon D12 SL12 Blue L.E.D fans at 5V are silent and the same as Nexus 120mm fans.

awesome so is there an 80mm and a 120mm version on those fans? I really hope so. I don't know if anyone can compare them to the silentX ones? that would be fantastic.

Mike

hey Mike_Check,

thank you for taking one for the team... i was literally seconds away from buying some silentx LED fans and i am very picky about noise... if you say they arent that quiet then i believe you... thanks for the info

SilentX = crap. The blue LED Yate Loons are rather difficult to find, though.

Petra has them too.

Avoid SilenX like the plague. They're way more expensive than they need to be ($30 for a case fan ?!), they're not as high quality, and they're way loud.

I find the Coolermaster 120mm blue LED fans to be pretty darn quiet. I have one in my LAN party box and can hardly hear anything from the PC when it's on.

hey this is all fantastic, the only problem I'm having is finding these fans in Autralia. I usualyl shop on this site: www.pccasegear.com.au. Can someone with time havea look through their cooling section and see what is the most quiet fan in blue? thank you for all your help.

Mike

hey sorry to resurrect a dead thread but can someone recommend a few shops in Australia that sells Yate Loon stuff? Hopefully they will have the Blue LED ones but if not a similar brand in terms of silence and performance.

The only problem with the Aerocool ones that Noni linked me to is that they are 140mm and I only have room for 120 and 80s. An adapter will not fit.

Thanks

mike

hey there, thanks for all this.

Currently I havea Raidmax Smilodon but I jut brought a Centurion 5 so I can have the 120 at the back and mod in a 120 at the front. I like the blue scheme on black and silver it looks very schmick. plus is matches my Saitek keyboard and monitor (blue LED on button and black and silver housing).

I think I might go the Scythe route, the seem to have some good stuff, any other sites would be greatly appreciated too.

Mike

Back