Quicktime 7.0.4 install issues.

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
Hiya.

When I install the newest version of Quicktime, I'm able to go through the installer to various depths and I keep getting issues such as a lag or hang, or I'l get: 1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime, or sometimes after this I get the install dialog screen.

I knew something was weird when I first went to download the current version and iTunesSetup.exe started downloading, which I immediately cancelled. Instead of something named QuicktimeSetup.exe. Is this normal?

Has iTunes been bundled with Quicktime???

So I figured I'd start the download again and see what happens. And sure enough, after downloading and then running the installer I was greeted with "iTunes + Quicktime" across the top of the installer, which just sat there doing nothing for 5 minutes.

So I started WinDoctor and halfway through the scans the Quicktime installer Dialog screen comes up asking me what I want installed??? I left it open in the background.

I waited until after WinDoctor was done and went back to the dialog screen to complete the install. Which also hung. So I killed it.

Then I restarted my system to see if maybe a refresh would clean things up. Nope! I'm still getting the 1607 error.

Any of you have any ideas on what I might do next???

Thank You.

Nevermind. I figured it out.

Apparently it does take that long to install the player.

Sheesh!!!

Back