Quickbooks - Excel to IIF importation

Bob002

Gawd
Anyone familiar with this? Long story short, i'm tired of doing invoices manually for our customers.

I have an Excel file with ~250 people on it. Not all of them run monthly. I want to be able to import the list into Quickbooks (via an IIF file, apparently) and create the proper invoice.

My main issue(s) are going to be:

1. The names in the sheet are not the exact same as the names in Quickbooks.
2. Not all prices are the same. There are multiple page discounts, as well as a few companies that get their own special rate).

Anyone have some insight on the best way to accomplish this task??

You mean you already have data in Quickbooks? The company where i work transitioned from an archaic system to quickbooks ~5 years ago, and i helped with the import process. We were importing also from Excell, but since it was a fresh database, we simply spent most of our time making sure all the data in the excel file was perfect.

You mean you already have data in Quickbooks? The company where i work transitioned from an archaic system to quickbooks ~5 years ago, and i helped with the import process. We were importing also from Excell, but since it was a fresh database, we simply spent most of our time making sure all the data in the excel file was perfect.
Yes, I have data in quickbooks.

Basically, we keep track of our monthly page count progress in Excel. There are your standard columns (First name, last name, company name) and then 3 columns for the "progress" of the page for that current month: Reserve, in, done. Reserve is simply for a realtor to say "I want a page this month". "In" is for when the actual information/changes is turned into us by the realtor, and "done" is for when the changes are made/ the ad is completed.

I'm basically wanting to take the excel file, match it with the corresponding account in Quickbooks, and enter the appropriate page size (and possibly amount to be charged, if necessary). Basically making it more "automated". Right now I'm making about a hundred invoices per month, input all by hand.

I asked on the QB forums, and all I got was a guy telling me I needed to make an IIF file. I knew that, but you didn't help me much there, pal. (Him, not you).

Back