Quick test of MadJuggla9's sketch trick.

Hyperion

[H]ard|Gawd
Original Image
original.jpg

Processed Image
effect.jpg

Man, I am impressed, it really works like a charm! I did that in under 10 minutes, and
most of the time was spent making the textures and doing file handling/management! ;)

personally, i think that Hyperion's looks the most convincing...cuemasters is really close, but at some points, it looks more like a photo negative than anything else.

and thats my opinion as an artist...of course...i work with lead and colored pencils all the time

Oh believe me, even mine is still quite some distance away from true graphite, I just
doodled to get that 'nugget' WarCraft II Look. ;)

I suck HARD at Photoshop...
1st try.. wanted to do something nice with with my GF's picture
original
Annie-hey%20there.jpg

reworked
Annie-hey%20theresketch.jpg

If anyone could try on teh original I'd really appreciate it. She's been pretty sick lately and I'd like to cheer her up. Not sure if my picture would get that done :p

I'll snag that original for other purposes! :eek:

Don't worry I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, not even my mad voodoo mojo works that far! ;)

Hyperion said:
I'll snag that original for other purposes! :eek:

Don't worry I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, not even my mad voodoo mojo works that far! ;)

I can let you have her for a night.............. in trade for a reworked sketch ;)

OOuuch... is that a huge burn or is my monitor weird..?

I don't think that the trick likes very dark or very light areas. So you'd have to take out the background/window and put some grey color in there or something transparent and try it again... I should have probably taken the background out of mine, but selecting this car would be a pain...

With a small modification to it I can make nice looking B&W pictures that are brighter and just somehow better that regular B&W. I used a soft light of another black layer to darken it somewhat, and if I move that under my black saturation layer or dodge layer (one or the other :p), I can make a nice B&W pic.

Original:
photochop_mm_dscn5320.jpg

Processed:
photochop_mmsketch_dscn5320.jpg

Processed with BW mod:
photochop_mmbw_dscn5320.jpg

typhoon43 said:
I can let you have her for a night.............. in trade for a reworked sketch ;)

Dibs on the purdy chicklette!!! Here's a reworked sketch with some modifications done to it and a new background since the original background sucked during the sketching process...this trick works better without big black areas...

New Sketched Annie.jpg

And here's a pic of her with out all that redness

Annie.jpg

Hehe thx MBand. PM me your address and I'll ship her out tomorrow for ya :D
Although that second pic freaks me out. It's like airbrushed or something

Hmmm, smoothed beyond belief, and the teeth look like she ate liquorice ... but hey ...
still not unpretty! ;)

Damn that's the same girl that gave me and my buddy a BJ at the baseball game the other night.......I knew I saw her before....But the only thing I really saw was here pony tail going up and down....:eek::eek:.....!!!!!!!!!!!! <><>LMAO<><> Also I hope she likes that you posted her picture on a forum.......!!!!!! :p

Yeah...my reworked photo (the unsketched one) kinda suked...it was REALLY late...my eyes weren't working right I guess...here's another try...I think it looks much better...even gave her a nice brushing of the teeth...how you guys like it??? Only thing is I couldn't get as much of that red out as I did last time without messing something else up...I'll work on the redness some more later on today...

Annie 2.jpg

So I lied...I went and worked on it some more instead of later...here's me trying to get all that redness out of the above pic...how am I doing??? Is it getting better???

Annie 3.jpg

Hyperion said:
Original Image
original.jpg

Processed Image
effect.jpg

Man, I am impressed, it really works like a charm! I did that in under 10 minutes, and
most of the time was spent making the textures and doing file handling/management! ;)

how did u make the paper look that in the 2nd pic?

That is a fractal generated texture that I created in CorelPhotoPaint, Blended in some
noise so give it a grainy parchment feel. ;)

Metallica_Band said:
So I lied...I went and worked on it some more instead of later...here's me trying to get all that redness out of the above pic...how am I doing??? Is it getting better???

Awesome man. I'm trying to find that line where you can't tell the photo has been enhanced. Otherwise I'd do one like the sketch style and show her that.
GREAT work btw guys. Thanks for showing me what the potential of knowing what the hell you're doing in PS can create
;)

here's a quick job with that girls photo. I used a method I learned from a photoshop book...

sketch1.jpg

adjusting highlights/shadows can remove some of the detail on the face..

Wow...my eyes must see things differently at night when I'm tired...maybe I shouldn't photoshop at night...but it's the only time I have that I can do it...I have another idea tho...I'll post another thing later...

here's one I quickly came up with before I saw yours metallica...

sketch2.jpg

I wonder how she would feel if she knew a bunch of people were messing with her face in photoshop...heh

Back