Quick temperature question.

NICKSTAR

2[H]4U
I asked this in the OC forum but so far no answer

Okay so i have been playing around with a Phenom II 940be and I was curious to know if I should be looking at the Core temps or the actual CPU temp when worrying about temperatures. Most everyone says keep the processor under 60c full load. Well the CPU temp doesnt get above 45c full load, but the Core temp hovers around 55-58c.

Cliffs:
Should I worry more about CPU temp or core temp?

The only temp you need to worry about a whole bunch is Core Temp

You are technically at a safe temp level.....more than my comfort zone.....at 50 and above it becomes a comfort thing....i personally dont like mine above 50 at load...

what bloody speed are you running at for it to be at 58c with an H50? My 1090T at 4.0 in an ambien tof 87 maxes at 46...

Im only running it @ 3.5ghz 1.375 vcore.. and my room is rather cool. doesnt make any sense

soudns like it isnt seated right.....Denebs do run a bit hotter than a THuban, but hell not that much

What program are you using for CPU temp? ASUS Probe II? Most ASUS boards I've used are always off by up to 10 degree's and CoreTemp is a better program than Anal....errr ASUS Probe II.

Nice results from you 940BE. Mine has to run [email protected] for stability. Load with Prime95 and Intel Burn Test right now at the same time nets me 44-46c with rather low ambient. LoL, my low in CoreTemp is 23c!! wow. (using PhenomMsrTweaker to underclock at idle)

Rev C2's do run a bit more hot like said above. I was a early adopter though. Those 1090T's look tempting, maybe black friday will have some deals!

Rogue- Asus Probe II doesnt read core temp, it reads socket temp......as for hex, get a 1055T/1075T, unless your going for easy and/or max OC the 1090T is not worth the extra $100 (i learned the hard way)

What program are you using for CPU temp? ASUS Probe II? Most ASUS boards I've used are always off by up to 10 degree's and CoreTemp is a better program than Anal....errr ASUS Probe II.

Nice results from you 940BE. Mine has to run [email protected] for stability. Load with Prime95 and Intel Burn Test right now at the same time nets me 44-46c with rather low ambient. LoL, my low in CoreTemp is 23c!! wow. (using PhenomMsrTweaker to underclock at idle)

Rev C2's do run a bit more hot like said above. I was a early adopter though. Those 1090T's look tempting, maybe black friday will have some deals!
Coretemp and Everest. I dont use ASUS probe.

I can run it @ 3.6ghz 1.4375 stable, but I dont like the temps. I moved my H50 to the bottom of my case using an intake cfg instead of outtake and my temps dropped to 32-34. So hopefully this will stick.

Core temp is the one you should be looking for.May need to check the spread on the thermal paste while you reset heatsink.1.375 is a excellent voltage to run.

Back