quick question with requirementsfor FSX

tsubasa hanekawa

Limp Gawd
im doing a build for a friend in the not too distant future, i've to keep it as low budget as possible but the base spec is going to be a xeon E3-1231 V3, a 16gb kit of kingston fury black ram and an HD7950 (maybe another if budget allows for it and it's needed) but my question is will this max FSX at 1080P and hold a steady 60 FPS really, i know it does rely on CPU a fair bit (hence what is effectively a 4770 non k) but would that GPU be enough for the task?

many thanks in advanced, if you can think of any changes let me know and ill look into it, just can't budge much at the moment with the budget so much so any changes will have to either be equal to or cheaper than the previous parts list.

(my apologies for the lack of a space between requirements and for)

Pretty sure FSX runs at 60 fps 1080p using the same hardware that is in a TI-89 calculator.

Also, even though it's more expensive, you may want to look into Prepar3d which runs a *lot* better than FSX no matter what the hardware.

Pretty sure FSX runs at 60 fps 1080p using the same hardware that is in a TI-89 calculator.

Also, even though it's more expensive, you may want to look into Prepar3d which runs a *lot* better than FSX no matter what the hardware.

im just going by what my client/friend is asking me to build a rig for, i've never used FSX so im not sure of what it takes so much to max it so im asking here in the hope that someone has a good idea of what will and what won't, he seems to use only FSX really and his old rig doesn't cut it anymore so he's tasked me with coming up with a new rig for it but doesn't have much of a budget (im basically giving him a 7950 for next to nothing that's just been sitting about for about 3 months)

Actually FSX is an incredibly demanding game/sim. It's not too bad with just the default stuff but as soon as you start adding complex addons like aircraft and high-detail airports the FPS goes in the crapper immediately.

It's also very light on GPU load and instead VERY heavy on CPU, so CPU is *everything* with FSX.

Actually FSX is an incredibly demanding game/sim. It's not too bad with just the default stuff but as soon as you start adding complex addons like aircraft and high-detail airports the FPS goes in the crapper immediately.

It's also very light on GPU load and instead VERY heavy on CPU, so CPU is *everything* with FSX.

ill have to ask if my client wants to use any addons in that case, i assume the cpu i have put on will be enough or will it be needing more in the way or cores? what i've thrown on the list is essentially a 4770 but if it needs more than that i can change the list easy enough as long as it doesn't cost much more XD

uhh FSX is incredibly demanding, even the steam edition. to achieve 60fps at 1080 will require you to dial down a bunch of autogen / scenery density settings. this is based on personal experience with a 4790k and 290x lightings in crossfire.

uhh FSX is incredibly demanding, even the steam edition. to achieve 60fps at 1080 will require you to dial down a bunch of autogen / scenery density settings. this is based on personal experience with a 4970k and 290x lightings in crossfire.

hmm, ill have to see if i can find a cheap second hand 290 then :/ will have to see how the budget fares,

FSX Steam Edition runs a lot better since it's been recompiled. 60 fps should be no problem for that system, but as always "max settings" is a misnomer. Will you be able to put every slider furthest right and expect 60 fps minimum at all times? No. You'll do fine with the highest preset, however.

FSX Steam Edition runs a lot better since it's been recompiled. 60 fps should be no problem for that system, but as always "max settings" is a misnomer. Will you be able to put every slider furthest right and expect 60 fps minimum at all times? No. You'll do fine with the highest preset, however.

im going to give it a go on my sig rig and see how it fares if it fares well ill lock a few threads off (well 16 of them XD ) and if it doesn't run so well then ill see if i can get a 290 in the budget (probably not going to happen though if it doesn't run it so well)

Back