quick question for you mac guys....

Cthulhu

Limp Gawd
do macintosh use a different type of ram? or can you just put regular old pc2700 ddr in there? i don't know jack about them... :(

Cthulhu said:
do macintosh use a different type of ram? or can you just put regular old pc2700 ddr in there? i don't know jack about them... :(
yes

normal ram...pc2700 will work

Cthulhu said:

What are you going to stick the ram into?

depends on the mac dude. my intel imac uses ddr2 sodimms (laptop memory)

so yeah its industry standard stuff, but remember all the new intell stuff uses ddr2

Umm... if anyone has an Macintosh LC2 laying about, I have a box of RAM laying about I'd be willing to sell to you cheap :) (no clue how much is in there, but it is a box of ram (think of it like a woot bag 'o crap)).

NulloModo said:
Umm... if anyone has an Macintosh LC2 laying about, I have a box of RAM laying about I'd be willing to sell to you cheap :) (no clue how much is in there, but it is a box of ram (think of it like a woot bag 'o crap)).
That'd be great. Our LC only has 10 megabytes. I can't get Quake 4 running, and I suspect a lack of RAM might be the problem!

Black Morty Rackham said:
That'd be great. Our LC only has 10 megabytes. I can't get Quake 4 running, and I suspect a lack of RAM might be the problem!

ha ha. Let's see you maintain a 20 machine LC2 network free of pay for a couple years and see how snarky you get.

EDIT:

Appletalk, no less.

Some of the older altivec models needed special speed code ram for 'supercomputer' performance i've read. 2-2-2

Back