quick question for any MAC user

mdude85

Limp Gawd
I am making a quick instruction sheet for opening a .ppt file on a CD. For Mac users -- what is the procedure for opening files on Data CDs? Will a window pop up to let you "explore" the CD? thanks.

When you put a CD in, a icon appears on the desktop (with the name of the CD and a picture of a CD) which you double click, letting you explore the CD

Originally posted by Black Morty Rackham
It depends, really, if you have mounted media showing on your desktop. :p I don't.
Well, if they don't know how to open a power point file and need a guide to do it, I bet they don't know how to change if it shows mounted media on the desktop

Originally posted by sigmend
Well, if they don't know how to open a power point file and need a guide to do it, I bet they don't know how to change if it shows mounted media on the desktop
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it work basically the same as on the PC where once you launch PowerPoint you can open docs from within the application? When you go to File|Open it generally brings up a dialog box allowing you to navigate to where the document is.

Yeah. Or you can just double-click it. Or right-click and click "open" or whatever. You can probably open it via the terminal, too... drag & drop to PowerPoint, etc etc etc.

There are loads of ways of opening a file.

Would it be the way that it's done in Linux (i.e. changing the fstab file) ?

Back